Acceptances/Rejections/Decisions

sociology27

The first duke post aka "vindication and relief" was from me. Super excited. Received an email from from Duke University Graduate School notifying me to check my status by logging in with my ID and PIN. Not a message from the DGS or a POI but an acceptance nonetheless! Likely to hear from them in the coming days I imagine

Duke! I got accepted, but that post wasn't me...

yeeee!!

god!!!! i am accepted by maryland park!!!! official letter on finance will be sent later. oh my god oh my god . i am as happy as a dog.....sorry.......

I heard from Notre Dame today; I got an invite to 'Visit Day'

Congrats to everyone who received good news today! I hope you're out celebrating right now!

Anybody want to claim the Duke one?

I also received am email from Duke's Grad Web account today, but it's just a normal application status email starting with "****This message will be sent on a regular basis, whether your application is complete or not, until you have received a final decision on your application. If you have already received an admissions decision letter from Duke University Graduate School, please disregard this message.****", so I think I am rejected :( ~disappointed, one of my dream school~ and congrats to those who got in~

Oddly enough, looking at the map makes me feel provincial for using "soda." Then again, maybe the people who responded to that survey just had very, very strong opinions about what soda ought to be called. "It's tonic, gol' durn it!"

I also received am email from Duke's Grad Web account today, but it's just a normal application status email starting with "****This message will be sent on a regular basis, whether your application is complete or not, until you have received a final decision on your application. If you have already received an admissions decision letter from Duke University Graduate School, please disregard this message.****", so I think I am rejected :( ~disappointed, one of my dream school~ and congrats to those who got in~

I got the same email today. I would kind of be surprised if I got rejected considering my contact with a POI (I won't get into the details). That said, I've come to terms with a rejection to save myself some disappointment. I may be a little too critical of myself, but I think I could have written a much better SOP, and my quant skills are not really reflected in any number or grade, but in my 5 years in research. We'll find out soon enough!

I got the same email today. I would kind of be surprised if I got rejected considering my contact with a POI (I won't get into the details). That said, I've come to terms with a rejection to save myself some disappointment. I may be a little too critical of myself, but I think I could have written a much better SOP, and my quant skills are not really reflected in any number or grade, but in my 5 years in research. We'll find out soon enough!

I'm in the same boat with my quant skills. Hoping that 5 years out, all in research and data analysis, will make up for that one stats grade where I was too arrogant to come to class :-/

I don't know if it helps or hurts, but I have it on good info (personal contact in the SOC dept) that USC has made it's choices and is busy setting up funding for the 10 people they accepted this year! It's more acceptances than in the last couple of years, so good luck all! :)

Anyone heard anything about interviews at Harvard this year? According to the results survey, it looks like interview invitations happened around this time last year.

Also, wannabeaphd, I see you've been accepted to Irvine. Congrats! Not sure if you already posted elsewhere in this or other threads, but when did you hear and from whom? That is, if you don't mind sharing.