Jack Kent Cooke Foundation

BodyStudiesPhD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied for JKC...however, I received full funding+stipend from the university I will be attending, so I guess that means I wont be competitive. I was looking at the past recipients' bios, and it is very hard for me to think that none of those people got offered full funding! ....so I dont know about that clause that says if you have full funding u will not be competitive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got a message from this board from someone about receiving an email from the foundation on May 8th. I never received any such email but I had already faxed my acceptance letter and financial aid award letter to them in April so I'm assuming that's why!

Thanks for responding!

I got the same letter too, and I am also fully funded. I was snooping on their website and I also talked to our faculty representative. It seems like if you are fully funded you aren't very competitive for this award since you must have some demonstrated financial need. It also hurts if you are currently employed since that can bring down your need.