Canadian Notification Thread

MakeYourself

Got rejected from Guelph's AS program today. Never got invited to an interview and the app was due December 15th so I had a feeling, but I e-mailed the graduate secretary and got an e-mail from the POI I put down and they informed me I would not be receiving an offer of admission.

Edit: Apparently the area also met today to finalize decisions.

Edited by jrg

Got an unofficial offer from Waterloo today in Industrial-organizational program. It required to make a final decision to accept (or withdraw) the offer in 3 weeks. Hard to make a decision so soon... :unsure:

That's really bizarre, I thought all psych people had until April 15.... looking back, I have an old letter from Waterloo that also says 3 weeks but it was dated near the end of March.

Got an unofficial offer from Waterloo today in Industrial-organizational program. It required to make a final decision to accept (or withdraw) the offer in 3 weeks. Hard to make a decision so soon... :unsure:

I received the official offer yesterday requiring the final decision to be made within three weeks, i.e. before mid March. This is a bit annoying as I will be attending a few interviews soon, but there won't a finalized result until the end of this month. :huh:

I can't hurt to email the department and tell them that you're still waiting for other offers and ask whether you can have until April 15 to reply. The worst they can say is no, which is really risky on their part.

I received the official offer yesterday requiring the final decision to be made within three weeks, i.e. before mid March. This is a bit annoying as I will be attending a few interviews soon, but there won't a finalized result until the end of this month. :huh:

I had the same type of letter from my accepting school. Contact the grad advisor. When I contacted mine, he told me that the letter was wrong and that I actually had until April 15th. He said he doesn't know why they write that on all the letters but the real deadline isn't until April.

I had the same type of letter from my accepting school. Contact the grad advisor. When I contacted mine, he told me that the letter was wrong and that I actually had until April 15th. He said he doesn't know why they write that on all the letters but the real deadline isn't until April.

Thanks a lot Deacf. I will surely drop my grad advisor an email.

Checked Carleton's website today and it finally changed! "Institutional Acceptance"! Huzzah! I have not been contacted by the dept of grad studies yet though, so no word on funding.

Rejected @ U of T. Really stings, had my heart set on working with one of the professors there.

Got accepted @ York.

Both for social psychology.