Canadian Notification Thread

MakeYourself

Just thought I'd start a new thread for Canadian applicants since we will probably be waiting quite a bit longer than those who applied to American schools.

Anyone heard back from any schools yet? I think some of the clinical invites have gone out because some schools' interview weeks are soon, but I haven't heard anyone get anything from social, developmental, or other areas.

Hi, Thank for starting the thread! I'm applying to dev psych at Mcmaster. My POI told me that the graduate committee was having the meeting last week, and he would update me the result shortly after. But I haven't heard anything yet so far.. what schools are you applying for?

Hi, Thank for starting the thread! I'm applying to dev psych at Mcmaster. My POI told me that the graduate committee was having the meeting last week, and he would update me the result shortly after. But I haven't heard anything yet so far.. what schools are you applying for?

I've applied to UofT, SFU, UBC, and McGill, haven't heard anything from any of them so far. Today I'm starting to get really nervous :/

The only school I've heard from out of 7 is Adler, which isn't exactly my top choice. We're lining up the date for a skype interview in the next week. I'm super anxious to hear back from the others, it seems like so many results are coming in and I want to join the party :P

My friend, (actually friend not me!), in clinical has received interview invites for: UWaterloo (his interview was today), UWO (Feb 10th?) and York (TBA).

As well as contact from a POI at UBC asking for a phone interview, likely a pre-screen.

I haven't head from him whether the UWaterloo clinical interview was all applicants, or how many people were interviewed.

Best of luck to everyone!

Last week, I received an (unofficial) invitation to University of Toronto's March Open House, like an interview but less formal.

Congrats! I guess I'll be seeing you there. I received an invitation to U of T's march open house where I'll be having interviews with a number of faculty members, and checking out at least two of their labs.

Haven't heard anything from anywhere else yet... getting very worred.

Additionally, got some bad news today. Was put on the "Reversion" list for SSHRC by my University. I go to York. Most likely not getting SSHRC funding :(

Edited by jrg

Congrats! I guess I'll be seeing you there. I received an invitation to U of T's march open house where I'll be having interviews with a number of faculty members, and checking out at least two of their labs. Haven't heard anything from anywhere else yet... getting very worred. Additionally, got some bad news today. Was put on the "Reversion" list for SSHRC by my University. I go to York. Most likely not getting SSHRC funding :(

Hi, congrats on the interview invitation!

I also applied to U of T Social Psych but haven't heard anything yet. Did you receive your invitation via phone, email, or website? My status on their website is still "under review". I probably shouldn't have high hopes by now.

Also, do you mind me asking who's your POI?

Did anyone get an official invitation to UBC's open house in March?

I did! I got an email from my POI who sent me the schedule and asked me to come. But I haven't received an 'official' invitation. I'm assuming I'll receive it sometime soon? Are you going as well?

Edited by jidre413

I did! I got an email from my POI who sent me the schedule and asked me to come. But I haven't received an 'official' invitation. I'm assuming I'll receive it sometime soon? Are you going as well?

I haven't received an invitation yet :(. I got an update few weeks ago from my POIs informing me that no decisions have been made yet. Did you get your invitation shortly after your phone interview? Congrats on getting the invite! :)

I haven't received an invitation yet :(. I got an update few weeks ago from my POIs informing me that no decisions have been made yet. Did you get your invitation shortly after your phone interview? Congrats on getting the invite! :)

I never did a phone interview with my POI, but I had been in contact with him over email since last summer. He emailed me and invited me to come to the open house a couple weeks ago. But, since I haven't received an 'official' invitation yet, I think that maybe not all of the invites have been sent out? Some of the faculty might still be deciding who to invite - by your user name I'm guessing you're in clinical - I'm in social psych so there might be a difference there too. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey jrg! So you're the other Calgary acceptance in the results section... I received my acceptance and package today as well. Who's your POI?

Have you heard anything from Waterloo or UWO at all yet? I'm waiting for decisions from them too.

Haven't heard anything from Waterloo or UWO yet either unfortunately (interview, decision, anything). I did apply to UWO for social though, and I saw in the results section that UWO had its interviews for I/O already.

PM me for POI info

Edited by jrg

Haven't heard anything from Waterloo or UWO yet either unfortunately (interview, decision, anything). I did apply to UWO for social though, and I saw in the results section that UWO had its interviews for I/O already.

PM me for POI info

Do you happen to know if UWO has made decisions for masters too ?

Wow there is a healthy amount of replies here! Tried to get one of these going on the Sociology board, nothing. If any of you want to see whats up with CAN programs in general, share your experiences/thoughts on this thread.....

Do you happen to know if UWO has made decisions for masters too ?

No sorry. I just saw on the results survey section of this website someone got invited to an interview for their I/O program.