MIT EECS Fall 2012 Results

tjc

Any international applicant got word from mit?

I'm not international, but the generic (area II) open house email I received from MIT mentioned both overseas airfare and getting a visa. Thus, my guess is that some internationals also got the same email.

I'm not international, but the generic (area II) open house email I received from MIT mentioned both overseas airfare and getting a visa. Thus, my guess is that some internationals also got the same email.

thanks for the reply...can you post your profile...you applied for m.s + ph.d or for ph.d alone :)

thanks for the reply...can you post your profile...you applied for m.s + ph.d or for ph.d alone :)

My full profile is in the signature link, over on the mathgre forums. To summarize, I did my undergrad at a large American public university in math/chemistry, then did two masters degrees on a major fellowship to the UK in chemical biology/applied math. No formal CS training at all, but lots of research and some publications.

To be honest, I don't know if my masters degrees are acceptable replacements for the M.S. in CS, so I'm not sure if I applied for M.S. + Ph.D. or just Ph.D.

My full profile is in the signature link, over on the mathgre forums. To summarize, I did my undergrad at a large American public university in math/chemistry, then did two masters degrees on a major fellowship to the UK in chemical biology/applied math. No formal CS training at all, but lots of research and some publications.

To be honest, I don't know if my masters degrees are acceptable replacements for the M.S. in CS, so I'm not sure if I applied for M.S. + Ph.D. or just Ph.D.

thanks so much. Congrats for the admission and All the best for your career..

Hi everyone, this is my first post in grad cafe. Should we assume a rejection or a wait list for those who didn't get any news so far? Also, did anyone apply to area 7 ? BioEE ? Let me know if anyone has... :)

sorry to say but a rejection is most likely, waitlist is euphemism for that, a little consolation that one was good enough, there werent much slots..and as fleur pointed out a long wait with very small probability of getting in...

sorry to say but a rejection is most likely, waitlist is euphemism for that, a little consolation that one was good enough, there werent much slots..and as fleur pointed out a long wait with very small probability of getting in...

Thanks tjc, I applied for area 7, BioEE so I was hoping that they send out their acceptances at a different time. I guess I'll assume a rejection for now.

Hi Could you share your profile?

Surely, hope someone finds this useful.

Undergrad Institution: Decent EE Institution in America

Major: Electrical Engineering

Minor: Math

GPA in Major: Top 5%

Position in Class: Top 5%

GRE Scores: Didn't submit for MIT EECS

Recommendations: Excellent recs from known profs in my field

Research Experience:

1.5 year in radar and atmospheric physics

1 year in bio-imaging

1 journal publication

Work Experience: 1 summer internship and 1 year in a full time position, both at respectable places.

Extra-Curriculars: President of the Chess Club

Others: Very rigorous classes taken, many at the grad level

Accepted at so far: MIT, Berkeley, Harvard

Surely, hope someone finds this useful.

Undergrad Institution: Decent EE Institution in America

Major: Electrical Engineering

Minor: Math

GPA in Major: Top 5%

Position in Class: Top 5%

GRE Scores: Didn't submit for MIT EECS

Recommendations: Excellent recs from known profs in my field

Research Experience:

1.5 year in radar and atmospheric physics

1 year in bio-imaging

1 journal publication

Work Experience: 1 summer internship and 1 year in a full time position, both at respectable places.

Extra-Curriculars: President of the Chess Club

Others: Very rigorous classes taken, many at the grad level

Accepted at so far: MIT, Berkeley, Harvard

Hi TheDuderino, who are your POIs? Do you apply to both area 1 and area 7?

This is my first post at GradCafe....can any one please share....whether the EECS PhD admission status for Area IV have been notified for international applicants or not?

BS EE: GPA 3.96/4.00 from Pakistan

MS EE: GPA 4/4 from Pakistan

Journal Pubs: 05 (Impact factor 11.40)

Confer Pubs: 01

Book: 01 (Published by springer)

it seems the results have come for all areas...

yep..am too disappointed with the results..but i wonder how you didnot get into MIT after this much credits.. :(

hmmm... I think country ranking matters.....An average/good GPA from US/ EU is preffered over an excellent GPA from South Asian countries.... :(

Edited by Muhammad Zubair