MIT EECS Fall 2012 Results

tjc

Lady I talked to said decisions would be released by next Friday.

That's a much required news...Must thankyou for that..Can you say more details that you acquired?

Whether all the admitted persons are informed of the decision and only the official reject notifications are released next friday, or many of the admit results are gonna be released next friday only... :):P

That's a much required news...Must thankyou for that..Can you say more details that you acquired?

Whether all the admitted persons are informed of the decision and only the official reject notifications are released next friday, or many of the admit results are gonna be released next friday only... :):P

We can only hope! :P

Lady I talked to said decisions would be released by next Friday.

I'm a bit concerned about that, because my friend says the RSVP to the open house was already due on the 15th. I didn't get any emails by anything yet, so I'm assuming the worst... Ah, well.

Stop the wishful thinking... we're all rejected (or waitlisted, which is again most probably reject)

i saw in gradcafe results survey that people are notified of their waitlisted status......which means we are rejected...not even 0.0001 p.c of hope..

I still find it odd that they haven't sent out rejection e-mails yet. What could possibly be easier than sending a mass e-mail to all of us? The only explanation is that they are still selecting the candidates to put on the waitlist. Although I agree, the chance to make it from the waitlist is non-existent.

I still find it odd that they haven't sent out rejection e-mails yet. What could possibly be easier than sending a mass e-mail to all of us? The only explanation is that they are still selecting the candidates to put on the waitlist. Although I agree, the chance to make it from the waitlist is non-existent.

fleur..comeon..it is said in Graduate FAQ that results will be posted rather than mailed...so far only admits are mailed..which means there is no rejection mails sent...and moreover,the site says people will be notified in february which is done..our application website says to login early march to see admission decisions..which means rejection notifications will be on early march in our website :(

Okay, but still what stops them from posting the results on our websites right now? Don't get me wrong, I know there is no hope or anything but I am just wondering why it is taking them so long to say no to everybody. There must be a reason, just curious that's all :unsure:

@shenter May well be. Considering how many people seem to be on edge about the MIT decisions and the absence of official rejects so far. Perhaps, someone thought it funny to start up the discussion on the possiblity of more admits again. If the result is genuine, I am ready to admit I was wrong. I would love to hear from the newly admitted person directly though.

simple..they didn't give out rejections because they'll release it according to the scheduled dates...thats it...we saw in eecs calender that grad admissions roundup was done on 1,2 and 3rd feb but results came out on 10th..its just pre planned..so the rejections are done and will come on early march

I just called EECS Graduate Admission Office in MIT and asked them about the status of the application. They said that the results will be posted on the application website at the end of today or tomorrow.

The funny thing is that when I asked them: "Is it mostly a rejection or acceptance?" There were few seconds of silence and then they replied: "Both, rejection or acceptance" :)

So, there is still a hope :)

I just called EECS Graduate Admission Office in MIT and asked them about the status of the application. They said that the results will be posted on the application website at the end of today or tomorrow.

The funny thing is that when I asked them: "Is it mostly a rejection or acceptance?" There were few seconds of silence and then they replied: "Both, rejection or acceptance" :)

So, there is still a hope :)

Lol..ofcourse...for the admits it will be an acceptance only....

these people say so..i dont think so..i think status update will be on early march..BUT,it is better to see the rejestion than to wait for the rejection :)

Yeah, but people in EECS have told these people that the decisions will be out today right? Thinking whether I should call them up or not :/

Yeah, but people in EECS have told these people that the decisions will be out today right? Thinking whether I should call them up or not :/

ya its a good idea...call them and post what they say you..pls..let us ease ourselves today...