Average waiting period

Kitkat

So far with everyone's experiences, both past and present, how long did it take people to hear back from schools after their application dates?

I am assuming that for most of the applications for a everyday applicant like me that it is anywhere 1-3 months for each program, and want to know if that is similar to other peoples experiences. I really dont want to get impatient and worried before I have to.

Best advice: RELAX!

I applied to three schools. The first two had apps due on December 5th and January 9th respectively. According to past results, invited for interviews for school 1 (Dec 5th) come out about the same time as acceptance/rejection notifications from school 2 (January 9th). So... even though one school's app was due over a month earlier, the other school will have a definitive answer for me likely sooner. So there is probably no real way to answer you question. Instead, just try to relax and let the info come to you when it comes to you.

Jan 26th deadline - heard back the first of March

Jan 16th deadline - heard back the end of Feb (but only because I called about a random question - would have formally heard first of March)

I agree that relaxing is the best option. It will help you later on when you have the same agonizing moments with grants, scholarships, funding lines, post-docs, etc etc etc

Form back-up plans, keep yourself busy, and remember the chinese parable about the elderly farmer whose only son fell off a horse and broke his leg. The farmer was distraught because his son would not be able to help him on the farm for several weeks and he was sure that his crops and their livelihoods would suffer. But then that very next day an army draftsman came to the home and was scooping up all able bodied men over the age of 14. His son was spared thanks to his broken leg. --The story continues but you get the idea--

So far with everyone's experiences, both past and present, how long did it take people to hear back from schools after their application dates?

I am assuming that for most of the applications for a everyday applicant like me that it is anywhere 1-3 months for each program, and want to know if that is similar to other peoples experiences. I really dont want to get impatient and worried before I have to.

I would say approximately 1 lifetime.

At least, that's how it felt before, and how it feels now on my 2nd try...