Here comes Buffalo!!!!

Mine still hasn't been updated.

Blowing a gasket right now...NYU and Buffalo were two of my better shots, I felt, and I haven't heard from either.

Just curious. Does your status page say anything to the right of "Admission Accepted": ?

Mine doesn't say "Admission accepted," it says "Acceptance Confirmed: NA"

Right, that's what I meant. Okay, that's what mine said, too, but I couldn't remember if that was something new that meant "not admitted" or something. LOL. My paranoia is through the roof.

Just got an email:

Not accepted to PhD, being considered for MA, final decision by the end of February.

Excited to not be rejected, but I know they don't fund MA's...

Got this too, and I think I marked "do not consider me for MA if not accepted" so I'm wondering if this is just a default rejection....

Got this too, and I think I marked "do not consider me for MA if not accepted" so I'm wondering if this is just a default rejection....

I doubt it. For a few reasons.

On the results board for past years, a handful of people get this message.

The email addressed me by name, and I'm assuming they did for you too. If it were a blanket rejection they wouldn't spend time on that.

It's a complete waste of time to consider all PhD rejections for the MA, I would wager the hierarchy is:

Acceptances

Wait-listed

Consider for MA

Rejected

Maybe a box got unchecked when you applied, or they wrote you that without checking the application and they'll stop considering once they start going through MA apps?

Just got an email:

Not accepted to PhD, being considered for MA, final decision by the end of February.

Excited to not be rejected, but I know they don't fund MA's...

Yes, me too. I imagine the acceptance email for the MA program being like, "we accept you to our MA program and invite you to fund our other more worthy students."

I am starting to get more and more pessimistic about Buffalo....I had emailed Dr. Hammill to see if he could tell me anything about when we will be hearing about the decisions (i just could not wait), and he emailed back this morning. According to him, the administrative assistant is already sending out letters and is also in the process of updating the website...He said they will be making almost all of the decisions by the end of next week.

:(... if my decision is coming by a letter, I know what that means..... :(

I was kind of hoping that if I email he might let me know that I am rejected and end my misery.....

I, too, have been rejected but am being considered for MA.

Do they have to spout platitudes like "your application was very impressive, but . . ." BUT it's obviously not impressive enough for your PhD program! Do they think it somehow softens the blow? I was more offended by that line than the rejection. <_< hrumph.