University of Maryland (MPP) 2012

i checked the website (no email) and they tell me a decision was made yesterday sat the 26th, but that i have to wait 48-72 hours to see my decision on the website...this is ridiculous they cant just write accepted/rejected?.. now im going to be obsessively checking the website every few hours for 1-2 days...why couldnt they post nothing at all until i can see the decision??

My application status still hasn't changed. I had that email last week, but haven't heard anything official and none of my information online has changed. Are you going onto apra, and then hitting "application status" to get that message? That's torturous that they're putting up a thing saying "we know but won't tell you." What the heck? What is the point of doing that?

Oof! They are trying to make us crazy people. My page also says a decision was made 2/25, yadda yadda yadda. I did decide to call them again on Thursday... figured it couldn't hurt me, only ease my curiousity... they said that they anticipated beginning to mail letters out on Friday or Monday and that it may take a few days to get all the letters mailed out. so in addition to this development, we should be getting letters this week.

Good luck to everyone!

Ditto to what mellowyellow said!! Glad my OCD forced me to check one more last time tonight. Wish it talked about funding but honestly, this was the program I felt least likely to get into so I am THRILLED!

good luck everyone :)

I don't really know what's going on with them. I've gotten nothing online, and nothing in the mail, after that kind of random email two weeks ago. I was told when applying for the fellowship (3 weeks ago) that the admission decision would be made by now, and I "may" know funding at that time. I'm not sure if they're waiting to send me an official admit until after decisions are made on the two fellowships, but the silence is making me insane.

Got my official letter in the mail yesterday too - same exact thing posted online w/nothing else. I'll probably call Monday to see when we'll hear about funding.

Sorry you're kind of left hanging right now, bgreenster! Hopefully you'll have a letter by Monday.

Edited by K.Ash

I also haven't heard back yet, nothing on the website either. They initially had said they expected to have decisions out by mid-February. For what it's worth, I also applied for the Robertson Foundation for Government Fellowship, for which they said we would be notified early March.

I received an email asking/conforming my postal mail address. On an attached letter to the email, it is stated that I am accepted to Maryland School of Public Policy but they are not able to provide financial support. Anyone received a similar email?

Just heard back via snail mail--I'm in! :) But no financial support :( the decision letter came in a red UMD folder with details about their admitted students day.

did anyone else's letter say something about financial aid or details about admitted students day? mine was only an admit letter, nothing else... hmm...

Hi all,

Just called the Maryland admissions office. They said that everyone will be getting a packet in the mail, they started sending them about a week ago but aren't quite done yet. Will include all the info we want/need (finances, deadlines, etc). Ugh I want mine now!

I still haven't gotten anything either, although I guess I expected it to take this long due to the fellowships... I'm only considering going if the aid package is impossible to deny :P I hate not knowing!

I got the package in the mail today. There was a letter welcoming me to the program. Part of it said "We are unsure at this point whether we will be able to grant you financial support. We will contact you further on this matter only if our efforts to secure funding for you are successful." I interpret that to mean its HIGHLY unlikely I'm getting anything from them :) I didn't think I had a great chance of getting in to begin with - don't have much of a quantitative background - so I'm not too surprised by that. the packet also had an agenda for the admitted students day, info on classes for the Fall, a program overview, and an admitted students 'dates to remember' sheet.