Texas A&M Fall 2009

pittsburgh1476

I'm a transplant. I live in Houston and have been working a couple of different jobs after getting out of the Navy. My wife DOES NOT want to leave the Houston area and I REALLY want to go back to grad school so that was the compromise. College station is kind of like an island in the middle of the woods. Its about an hour and 15 minutes NW of Houston (my house anyway), hour and a half SW of Waco and really revolves around the college. I drive through it ALL the time for my current job. Right now it is surrounded by construction and speed traps. The university is really top notch and no matter which offers I get, it will be difficult to decide (Rice, TAMU, UH). TAMU alumn almost have a secret society more so than probably just about any other university in the state of Texas (really tight knit). The cost of living is Texas is relatively low unless you live in a down town area (Dallas, Houston, Austin).

Just wanted to say CONGRATS!

I'm finishing up my undergrad this May from A&M, it's a great school.

TAMU alumn almost have a secret society more so than probably just about any other university in the state of Texas (really tight knit).

Very true. TAMU is like a huge family, almost like a cult ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone here apply to the Bush School of Government programs? I applied to the MPSA one.

I was accepted to the MPIA program, on the IED track. Can't wait!

I've lived in big cities all my life, including undergrad at UH, so life in CS will take some getting used to. At least Houston and Austin are only an hour and a half away...

I've lived in big cities all my life, including undergrad at UH, so life in CS will take some getting used to. At least Houston and Austin are only an hour and a half away...

Cool. I went to Texas A&M for my undergraduate and graduated 5 years ago. My little brother is there now or graduates in a year or 2 I think. But you will love it there along with the campus and surrounding community. As for me I am still deciding on schools and sill playing the waiting game between now and then.

Cool. I went to Texas A&M for my undergraduate and graduated 5 years ago. My little brother is there now or graduates in a year or 2 I think. But you will love it there along with the campus and surrounding community. As for me I am still deciding on schools and sill playing the waiting game between now and then.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been accepted to the Bush school for the MPIA program. I haven't accepted yet and gave up my minor scholarship offer so that I would be able to extend the deadline upto May 11. As the laptop scholarship is still effective, I qualify for in-state tuition.

I am seriously debating between Elliott and Bush on the cost and DC factor.

Would love to hear some experiences of current students at the Bush School or TAMU in general. Anything that an international student needs to know!

Thanks.

I have a friend working on his PhD in ChemE, bone. That's about all I can give ya. :wink: He can usually be found on Northgate when not hiding in his lab on campus.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if we were/are supposed to receive any kind of welcome package from the school? I haven't gotten anything at all, and I would really like to know how to get football tickets, haha.

I haven't received anything either. What I figure is that they are in the midst of dealing with graduation and are going to wait until afterwords to start focusing on incoming students. I know a couple of people who coordinate colleges and such events. From my experience through talking with them, this is exactly what they do.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use