Saw another rejection go up on the results board (my condolences) and frantically checked the website. No decision as of yet. I feel like I'm in some gladiator movie and that when they finally narrow it down to the remaining applicants that I will have to fight someone to the death for my spot.

Nothing for me yet either. I'm starting to feel like all of this is a watched pot that will never boil if I can't find some way to distract myself from constantly refreshing my email and checking the app site. Can't seem to help myself though.

I hate to be an optimist and get people's hopes up, and I know we're still a week away from the historic acceptance time, but isn't the amount of rejections on the results board really high? I feel like those of us still on it gotta have a good chance at at least a waitlist... just sayin.

I hate to be an optimist and get people's hopes up, and I know we're still a week away from the historic acceptance time, but isn't the amount of rejections on the results board really high? I feel like those of us still on it gotta have a good chance at at least a waitlist... just sayin.

I sure hope so! They're my top choice and I've been torturing myself by reading through their faculty profiles and the archives of courses they offer. It would be such a great fit for me! Fingers crossed, Trip!

On 2/16/2012 at 5:21 PM, Silent_G said:

I sure hope so! They're my top choice and I've been torturing myself by reading through their faculty profiles and the archives of courses they offer. It would be such a great fit for me! Fingers crossed, Trip!

For me too. Wonderful scholarship in queer and gender studies, and a little bit of ecocriticism. I'm in love... if they'll have me.

I've got another rejection to add to the list - every single one is like a little double edged knife. :(

:( Sorry spasticlitotes. I hope you don't think we're taking pleasure in anyone's rejections. Tufts' system of notification is like Battle Royale and I think Silent G and I are just glad to still be in it. Good luck on other apps!

I've got another rejection to add to the list - every single one is like a little double edged knife. :(

:( Sorry spasticlitotes. I hope you don't think we're taking pleasure in anyone's rejections. Tufts' system of notification is like Battle Royale and I think Silent G and I are just glad to still be in it. Good luck on other apps!

Seriously, my condolences. :( Keep your head up though--let's hope you have an acceptance coming your way soon!

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in my first year at Tufts (and completely remember the madness of being where you are now last year!), so I thought I'd tell people to send me a PM if you have any questions about the program. I unfortunately know nothing about the timing of decisions, but I'd be happy to answer questions about the program itself.

Best of luck to everyone during this horrible time. I suggest lots of walks to avoid the inevitable refreshing (and refreshing.... and refreshing...) of the results page.

Ah! I got a call, too. Judith Haber told me that Carol Flynn (who was my POI) has now retired and they've hired a new, young 18th centuryist. I don't know how I feel, but I'm happy to have been accepted, and will definitely visit and see the campus.

This makes my implicit rejection from Rutgers a little easier to bear. :)

Ah! I got a call, too. Judith Haber told me that Carol Flynn (who was my POI) has now retired and they've hired a new, young 18th centuryist. I don't know how I feel, but I'm happy to have been accepted, and will definitely visit and see the campus.

This makes my implicit rejection from Rutgers a little easier to bear. :)

It also shows the weirdness/fit-focus aspect of this process, since I am waitlisted at Rutgers, but probably not in at Tufts. Huh.

Congrats Hedgerows! This is great news!!

Edited by TripWillis

It also shows the weirdness/fit-focus aspect of this process, since I am waitlisted at Rutgers, but probably not in at Tufts. Huh.

Congrats Hedgerows! This is great news!!

Thanks! Yeah, it's not even about where WE think we fit, but where each department thinks we fit. Does. Not. Compute.

Hmm. Well, I checked and my status on the website hasn't changed. They're probably deliberating over the final waitlist spots. I'm not honestly sure if I'm going to consider going here if I do get waitlisted. I'm trying to make it a point to visit all the schools I'm accepted/waitlsited to (besides Buffalo) to make absolute sure I don't make a mistake, but I feel like I'm already narrowing down where I want to go.

I feel like the #1 (and wrong) reason why I am considering Tufts is because I want to move back to Boston. I miss that town. :(

Of course, this is all getting ahead of things. If they just reject me, that will make it even easier. B)

I am officially over application season and ready to move on. February has moved from sheer terror in its beginnings to ennui.

Edited by TripWillis