Wait listing is NOT the end!

Does anyone know if applicants admitted holding BAs and MAs are considered on an even keel with this whole admission/waitlist process? Like, if an admitted student who already holds an MA turns down their spot, does their spot go to a waitlister in the same position, or can it transfer to an MA/PhD applicant? I found this confusing when people say, "such-and-such a school admitted 10 PhD students," etc - does this mean all students on a PhD track? Considering they'd have to fund me two years longer, as an MA/PhD, than my MA-holding counterpart - do you think it makes a difference?

Because I like to tie my brain into waitlist conundrum-knots, apparently. Boo!

Anybody from SUNY Buffalo planning to decline? I have been on pins and needles for weeks now! As much as I'm willing to take their unfunded MA, getting off of the waitlist and into PhD would be a dream right now.

Rutgers did notify someone on April 4th last year... so... maybe this year too? :ph34r:

So did UTA. Providence is on our side, good sir!

Lolo and Datatape's schools are in a brutal Hunger Games style fight to death for them, because they're THAT awesome.

Anxious_Aspirant's school is draining money out of the STEM departments to offer him/her the largest fellowship they have ever offered EVER.

Today is our day, friends!

I just declined UMass Amherst yesterday. My medley is something like gender, disability studies, and postcolonial.

E-fricking-gads squared. (Running out of non-profane ways to represent my inner monologue publicly ;) .) I don't know if all these declines give me hope or more fear that I STILL won't make it and then just feel worse about myself for being so far down on the waitlist. Come on, #3!

One of my fave students (I teach HS) is waitlisted for admission at UMass Amherst (for undergrad), and we commiserate about this daily.

I think more people declining can only be a good thing for you! ;)

Also-- I wish I had a high school friend I could lament with. My friends are sick of listening to me rant and putting up with my superstitions!

Edited by Fiona Thunderpaws

I think more people declining can only be a good thing for you! ;)

Also-- I wish I had a high school friend I could lament with. My friends are sick of listening to me rant and putting up with my superstitions!

I agree; I feel like I'm totally off-putting to my friends at this point. It's like I can't think or talk about anything else!