Longest. February. Ever.

sansao

Does tomorrow (or this coming week in general) make anybody else particularly nervous? It seems like decisions have really started rolling out in a good mix of fields over the last week. I know tomorrow's President's Day, but I also know that a lot of the schools (my UI included) are not taking a holiday. Idk, maybe the stress is starting to get to me. :unsure:

It's Reading Week/Spring Break at my current school this week, which is extra shitty as I now have to add those hours that I am normally in class with my brain otherwise occupied to the hours that I spend here and/or obsessively checking my inbox/staring at my phone.

Chances that I will actually do any "reading" or writing during this break? Slim to none.

Ugh.

Edited by DorindaAfterThyrsis

It's Reading Week/Spring Break at my current school this week, which is extra shitty as I now have to add those hours that I am normally in class with my brain otherwise occupied to the hours that I spend here and/or obsessively checking my inbox/staring at my phone.

Chances that I will actually do any "reading" or writing during this break? Slim to none.

Ugh.

Hey, at least it's not Spring Break everywhere. Could you imagine if we all just had to wait 9 days with almost guaranteed silence from everywhere? Yikes.

i guess universities don't generally take off presidents' day? :blink:B)

I didn't know any university did. We (well students ~6 years ago) had to fight to get MLK day off.

Most businesses around here don't either- my husband is rather bitter about that.

Well, it's either laugh at my situation or completely flip out and go become a hermit in the desert. I like showers too much for the latter, so laughter (which is becoming slightly maniacal at this point) is what it's going to be. :lol:

Something to help the crazies (like me) while waiting: go on twitter.com/search and type in "name of university" and then "accepted" or "rejected" and it yields all tweet results about being accepted/rejected by the said university. A lot of people don't know that GradCafe.com exists, so its a good way to see if other people have started to be accepted/rejected into the universities that you have applied to. This will obviously also yield results from high school applicants that have been accepted into undergrad, but still. It works! Eeeeeeeeeek.

Something to help the crazies (like me) while waiting: go on twitter.com/search and type in "name of university" and then "accepted" or "rejected" and it yields all tweet results about being accepted/rejected by the said university. A lot of people don't know that GradCafe.com exists, so its a good way to see if other people have started to be accepted/rejected into the universities that you have applied to. This will obviously also yield results from high school applicants that have been accepted into undergrad, but still. It works! Eeeeeeeeeek.

oh no. now you've given me one more useless thing to do while waiting for march and decision letters. each day just seems to pass so slowly. i've only got 9 credits of classes this semester, and i don't feel like studying at all. i'm on gradcafe most of the time.. just refreshing the results page and the Speech Language Pathology thread. i need to get a life.

Edited by trina

Despite it being Presdient's Day, I heard back four rejections today. Long February, but damn fucking short February 20th if you ask me. 0/6 now.

Damn, that is harsh; I'm sorry to hear that. Keep your head up! I'm rooting for you.

oh no. now you've given me one more useless thing to do while waiting for march and decision letters. each day just seems to pass so slowly. i've only got 9 credits of classes this semester, and i don't feel like studying at all. i'm on gradcafe most of the time.. just refreshing the results page and the Speech Language Pathology thread. i need to get a life.

that sounds just like me. i check gradcafe threads & results search when i wake up, on my break at work, and all night at home. i do my twitter searches intermittently. whenever i hear the new mail beep on my iphone my heart drops. oh, wait, it's just groupon, again D:

whenever i hear the new mail beep on my iphone my heart drops. oh, wait, it's just groupon, again D:

Haha, I had to unsubscribe from every listserv/bbs/advertising/political/anything that was routed to the account I applied with.

I wouldn't worry. This isn't specific and when I tried it it seemed to be almost 100% undergraduate admissions results for every school. Pretty worthless, IMO.

Oh no. Couldn't resist after reading this. I just killed 30 minutes reading tweets. I need a life, lol.

Oh no. Couldn't resist after reading this. I just killed 30 minutes reading tweets. I need a life, lol.

Ok, I'm not that obsessed. i'll check the results survey and my email fairly frequently, but I'm not going to let it eat every waking second, Just most of them, haha.