MFA Photography decisions

canfac

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything from SAIC (Photography) yet? They said that people who are invited to interview there will be notified by mid-Feb. I haven't received anything from them except the letter saying that they received my applications.

Hey Bay

ICP has rolling admissions, so depending when you applied you are still in the running

I sent in my app in early JAN and have an interview scheduled for March15th

I interviewed at Parsons late last week....friday i think. I got the impression that they made their cut, but they were also severely disorganized. They could barely direct me to the right building. It wouldn't surprise me if they were still offering interviews.

I didn't apply to SVA but I know they report later than most.

best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

I got onto a waiting list for Rutgers. I found out about a week ago that i was supposed to send official transcripts from the school i attended freshman year in undergrad. it was on the official transcripts i sent from the school i graduated from but it held up most of my applications. I will probably just have to reapply next year when i may be a little less busy and more prepared.

Im still waiting to hear back from RISD. Anyone heard from them?

RISD

I talked to someone in the amdissions office at RISD yesterday. She told me that the photography department has not turned in there files yet. She said that hopefully they will have them out in a week.

Hey Cithea,

I interviewed at ICP two sundays ago (the 15th). Haven't heard yet. Nayland said they would get back to us in a week or two. I'm guessing it could be any day now.

where else did you apply?

Yale:interview (monday)

ICP: interviewed (15th) waiting

Parsons: accepted

hunter, columbia: rejected

I have not heard from RISD either.

Has anyone heard from ICP upon going in for the interview?

yes, i heard on the 24th and got in to ICP.

anyone heard from risd photo? i haven't had an interview so i'm not too optimistic

ramamama: congrats on ICP! I got on their waitlist so I'm curious to know by what date do you have to confirm/accept? I got into SVA but am holding out on SVA (they want an answer by 4/15) because I want to see if I get into ICP -- of course that depends on when they're expected to have in-house all graduate accepters before waitlisted people are considered..

Thanks for any input!

ooh then it's going to be tough- ICP wants an answer by April 13th. Good luck!

So are you more interested in the ICP program over SVA? I didn't apply anywhere else in NY really want to go to Carnegie Mellon. waiting...

I am deciding between ICP and SVA, and having a hard time of it.

every time i think i have decided, i read or hear something that changes my mind. I guess i have till Monday, and since i live in NYC, i might just have to drop off the deposit myself...

I am deciding between ICP and SVA, and having a hard time of it.

every time i think i have decided, i read or hear something that changes my mind. I guess i have till Monday, and since i live in NYC, i might just have to drop off the deposit myself...

what are your reservations or factors about icp? for me, besides the price tag, i'm not super impressed with the work coming out of there. have you been around to have a different experience?