Stanford University

starglow

Hey! Anyone joining Stanford for Master's in Fall 2012? I am, and I'd like to know who else is!

I've gotten an admit for the Master's program in Electrical Engineering (Networking).

Hey Kate, nice to meet you. :) I heard that the dates for grad student open house at Stanford are on March 8th and 9th (not sure of this, though). Won't be able to make it since I'm in India.

It would be nice to discuss plans. I haven't started looking for accommodation yet, will have to start soon.

Nice, and no I don't really know a lot of people heading there. I do know that a friend of a friend from Anna University got in, guess he's taking it up. I don't know anyone directly. :-(

And nice to meet you, Slorg! :)

Hi!

I got into the MS Sustainainable Design & Construction program at the department of Civil & Environvironmental Engg. I'm from cochin, but I study in SASTRA university, Thanjavur. Nice to meet you :)

Did any of you get funding details? I've been told that they'll let me know in the week of March 19th, after the visitation day on 16th.

I'm still waiting for the Berkeley decision to finalize though.

Just FYI for the folks from India:

On El Camino Real, on the border between Sunnyvale and Santa Clara (a few miles east of Stanford) is an area called "Little India". Lots of Indian groceries and restaurants. You can take the bus (route 22 or 522) if you don't have a car. Have fun!

wow, lot of "desis" here.,,

any idea about graduate housing? I know there's apts avail. at Escondido Village, but how much are they and is it feasible to rent them with the av. stipend is the question.

I'm going to be in the Humanities, btw.

enjoy the weather there!