Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

I haven't even been contacted about an interview anywhere. Something was clearly terribly wrong with my app.

Edited by czesc

there are still lots of schools left for both of us, don't sweat it yet. my best fit and "safety" schools still haven't released any decisions yet (save that one UC Davis outlier from today), and i bet you're in the same boat so just pour a drink and pull out a book and try not to think about it 'til tomorrow!

I've got nothing as well.

But most of my apps are in the UK - and as I noted earlier - most of them JUST received my references, and such, are currently being considered. 

Congrats to all the admits...and hang in there to everyone who has yet to hear positive news!  :blink:

Wow, Lafayette, your situation sounds a lot like mine - Columbia was a good fit for me, and I got the terrifying iPhone buzz-blast too (and hoped it was a call). But at least you have an acceptance! (was JHU not so great a fit? That gives me hope that another program might still pick me.) I'll take some solace in the fact that I can still maybe stay in NY if NYU takes me...but it's looking more and more like my application must've been a huge dud and no one will.

Okay, I need to go have a drink, but on this -- JHU was a decent enough fit, but the professor that really seemed to take the most interest (we spoke on the phone) was well, surprisingly interested from what his own interests looked like on paper. (He does a lot with economic history, which I don't do). So while I think there needs to be some vague fit, you might be surprised. The perfect combination seems really hard to come up with.

Czesc I am really rooting for you! I still think you're gonna get great news soon. (And NYU tends to be one of the last to notify).

Thank-you! I am SO surprised. Really... truly...

For those who are yet to hear anything, or still waiting for a top choice - hang on in there. I wish you the best of luck. Waiting was excruciating. I do have two more to come in, but being halfway through is so much better than knowing nothing. Just remember that you'll get there eventually. *group hug*

Congrats to the Columbia and Princeton folks!! I also noticed an Indiana University-Bloomington acceptance (congrats, too!). Best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear news. Hang in there...

Oh :( Do you know what? I so want you all to do well and get what you want!! Don't feel depressed. There's such a long way to go yet. I can see that benedicite and czesc have lots of schools to wait on, and I wouldn't necessarily say that Columbia or Princeton are finished.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I didn't think I'd end up needing to make a decision between schools. My brain is too fried and tired to comprehend this, and my supervisor is on research leave. He needs to come back now!!

It looks like a lot of them came same day but others came a day or two later? In any case, I haven't gotten mine yet. Telling off us rejects is not a priority with a storm approaching.

Congrats to the Columbia and Princeton folks!! I also noticed an Indiana University-Bloomington acceptance (congrats, too!). Best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear news. Hang in there...

Wonder about IU-B. I'm Master's so probably won't be hearing anything for awhile.

Congrats to everyone!

Has anyone else been checking their status page for Penn? Mine shows that it was "completed" yesterday. I was sure my application was complete before, but I don't remember if it said this on the site when I checked it. Does it just refresh this timestamp daily or something? What could it mean!!??

Also this update from the Chicago Division of Social Sciences might be of interest. History is part of this division at Chicago - guess it'll be a long wait?

"Applications for the 2013-2014 academic year are currently being reviewed by faculty. Decisions will be released in the first week of March."

Edited by czesc

For other Indiana applicants, what does it say for you under the "status" column on the online application?

stillalivetui - mine simply states "submitted." Not very helpful....

Has anyone else been checking their status page for Penn? Mine shows that it was "completed" yesterday. I was sure my application was complete before, but I don't remember if it said this on the site when I checked it. Does it just refresh this timestamp daily or something? What could it mean!!??

Not sure, czesc. I hadn't actually noticed that before. I know that mine has been "submitted" since November or whenever I submitted.

Edited by benedicite

Also this update from the Chicago Division of Social Sciences might be of interest. History is part of this division at Chicago - guess it'll be a long wait?

"Applications for the 2013-2014 academic year are currently being reviewed by faculty. Decisions will be released in the first week of March."

czesc - mine was "completed" on January 28. I'm not sure what it means, however. Hopefully we will hear something from the DGS soon.

FWIW mine still says "Submitted."

I know political science and sociology decisions have gone out at UChicago. Word may come sooner than the first week of March.