Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

Thank you!!!  I feel a great sense of relief knowing that I'm in at a strong program.  Maybe now I can stop being so neurotic.  (Well, probably not, but now I can be neurotic about new things!)

AHHHHHHHHHHH happy day!

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back.  It's early days yet!! 

(and regal renegade: I'm trying to remain somewhat anonymous on here, but I'll PM you!)

You guys should really pick up when you get a blocked number call because it might, in fact, be a program offering admission. I got in too!

Katzenmusik, I'd also be really interested to hear where you're in!

Edited by czesc

You guys should really pick up when you get a blocked number call because it might, in fact, be a program offering admission. I got in too!

Katzenmusik, I'd be really interested to hear where you're in too!

HELLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Congrats!

Edited by stillalivetui

Katzenmusik, I'd be really interested to hear where you're in too!

Yay!!! Who cares that I'm at a bar checking grad cafe? I told you !! DID YOU GET INO CORNELL?? Or Harvard dear god?? Congrats and now we can all yell at you!

It was Cornell - you called it!

I really wonder what the situation is with Harvard. A lot of people seem to have heard, but Safferz and telkanuru disagree as to whether the decisions have been finalized...

I really wonder what the situation is with Harvard. A lot of people seem to have heard, but Safferz and telkanuru disagree as to whether the decisions have been finalized...

Congrats on Cornell!

Ok, my top two choices rejected me :( but one of them sent me a nice e-mail end encouraged me to keep in touch. Will do!

My choice 3 accepted me :D and couldn't be happier. And it is Emory!!!! 

Since I hate American reputation system, I am not going to ask about it. Around the globe, Emory is regarded as one of top schools for history and its faculty are all from excellent universities as well. So, that means I am in!!!! 

Any idea if Chicago, UVA, or Penn are done with the acceptances? Starting to get the sinking feeling... Congrats to all the admits!

Applied: UPenn, William & Mary, UVA, JHU, Brown, Notre Dame, Chicago, Brandeis, NYU, Columbia

Accepted:

Rejected: Brown, JHU

Any idea if Chicago, UVA, or Penn are done with the acceptances? Starting to get the sinking feeling... Congrats to all the admits!

Applied: UPenn, William & Mary, UVA, JHU, Brown, Notre Dame, Chicago, Brandeis, NYU, Columbia

Accepted:

Rejected: Brown, JHU

Not sure about the others, but I'm fairly confident that Penn hasn't done any acceptances yet. They did a big round of interviews a couple weeks ago and apparently a few since. I think that's about it.

Harvard decisions have definitely been finalized, but I'm not sure if official notifications have gone out yet. I have a friend who heard yesterday that she got in, but she's already in a Masters program here, so her adviser may have told her prior to the official announcement.

Harvard decisions have definitely been finalized, but I'm not sure if official notifications have gone out yet. I have a friend who heard yesterday that she got in, but she's already in a Masters program here, so her adviser may have told her prior to the official announcement.

Yup, which is why I asked where telkanuru got his/her information. Some of the grad students in our department have known about their advisors' admits for two weeks now. But like pudewen, what I don't know is whether or not the mass email from the graduate coordinator has gone out yet. If it hasn't already (I think the posts on the results board so far suggests only informal contact from POIs), I'd imagine the email will be sent out soon since visiting days are usually in early March.