Fels notifications?

Their site says they will notify by March 15th, not on March 15th. All of the other schools have said the same thing and tend to be notifying earlier. Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything is all...

I was via e-mail. It was personalized (just my name). It said that the applications had gone up 42% this year, I don't know if it just something they tell rejects to make them (us) feel better or if it is true.

Since it is such a small class (30 I think) I imagine they called all admitted students early this week (I could be wrong). After I heard about the calls I was kind of expecting the rejection mail.

I,too, got that $8,000 scholarship. Isn't their tuition per year around $40,000 ? So what's the concensus-- is that much debt worth it for the "ivy league" name?

If I'm reading their site correctly, it's around 20,000 plus housing and living expenses. Can anyone confirm? I really like the class size, practical approach, proximity to DC and NYC, and the Ivy League thing certainly doesn't hurt - although it was the only Ivy I applied to, so maybe deep down I don't really care about status. I've been weighing it against my other offers and I just don't know if I can justify it.

There are only 12 classes in this degree right? I don't see on their site how students usually break down their schedules - does anyone have any insight on this? 3 courses a semester, leaving more time for a job/internship? Or 3 semesters? Can't believe I don't remember this from the research process, but can't find my notes...

I got an email from Penn today regarding financial aid. They offered a small stipend ($8k/year). Did anyone else hear about funding from them yet?

Thanks for posting. I, too, am wondering about whether this is renewable for the second year of full-time study. My letter said my award was "for study as a full-time student in the 2012-2013 academic year" - but no mention of whether that would be renewable for 2013-2014. Did anyone get funding for multiple years?

Thanks for posting. I, too, am wondering about whether this is renewable for the second year of full-time study. My letter said my award was "for study as a full-time student in the 2012-2013 academic year" - but no mention of whether that would be renewable for 2013-2014. Did anyone get funding for multiple years?

I emailed admissions and they replied that the 8k scholarship is renewable for the second year if you are in good academic standing.

Is anyone else considering taking out loans for this program? It's about 40k more (including housing) than my cheapest option, which is an assistantship with SUNY Albany Rockefeller College. I'm on the fence about whether the UPenn name/opportunity is worth 40k more in loans than a SUNY, especially if the SUNY program is ranked much higher.