WWS -- this is the week

I'm semi-new to the gradcafe forum, but it doesn't appear as if there's a WWS thread for this year's applicants, so I figured I'd create one. Anyone else thinking that MPA decisions might come out at some point in the next week? My quick scanning of past years' WWS decision email dates shows a rather tight range:

2011: March 8-11

2010: March 11-12

2009: March 11

2008: March 12-13

So if they follow precedent, that means the notifications could start as soon as tomorrow and as late as Monday, right? Hope everyone is staying sane waiting!

I had the same thoughts as you, Josh. On a whim I checked the Dates and Deadlines page yesterday morning and saw it finally revealed some sort of information on when we should expect notice. It seems a bit late coming out, although it also seems WWS sends out acceptances/rejections over several days, so perhaps many will find out before the final date of March 15.

I am surprised no one has started a WWS thread this year. It's my pie-in-the-sky-super-reach-school but I'm still looking forward to having my admissions decision there resolved one way or another... as well as share in the successes of other GradCafe-ers who receive acceptances to WWS. Thanks for starting this thread!

I am surprised no one has started a WWS thread this year. It's my pie-in-the-sky-super-reach-school but I'm still looking forward to having my admissions decision there resolved one way or another... as well as share in the successes of other GradCafe-ers who receive acceptances to WWS. Thanks for starting this thread!

Kinda how I feel about it. Not remotely hopeful, but hard not to dream :)

My fiance was a Woody Woo so I spent a lot of time there a couple years back. The people are just wonderful. I don't know what I was expecting the first time I went to visit but students there are genuine, smart beyond book smart, interesting, and just great people. We are still good friends with many of them, all of whom are of course in public service and doing incredible things. Great school.

I hope we have some GradCafers representing there this fall :D

My fiance was a Woody Woo so I spent a lot of time there a couple years back. The people are just wonderful. I don't know what I was expecting the first time I went to visit but students there are genuine, smart beyond book smart, interesting, and just great people. We are still good friends with many of them, all of whom are of course in public service and doing incredible things. Great school.

Posts like this don't help my "oh well it's just another school" rationalizations... :P

@wwsapp: I think it's hilarious how we speculate when they're ACTUALLY going to release decisions AFTER they've specified it on the web lol. Before they put the message up on the web, I was spending every 5 minutes speculating, and now that they've posted the date on the web (probably for our AND their peace of mind) I am wasting my time questioning if they're actually going to release it on the 15th.....

I think its still a legitimate question. I applied to WWS in 2009 (rejected) and they did the same thing, but then e-mails came out a couple days early. Plus, this is a leap year, shouldn't that mean everything in March comes out a day early? Hopefully better news on this, my second try.

JUST GOT INTO WWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at my numbers and tell me anyone would have expected this. (As in: How the f*ck did I get in with a 3.3? My message to future applicants: if you're really passionate about your field of public service, you can really do it.)

EDIT: My hands are shaking, so sorry for not being eloquent AT ALL, but you get my point. :)

Edited by greendiplomat