University of Nottingham and/or University of Warwick Biomath

Hi all,

I'm an American student applying to the University of Nottingham and Warwick Biomath MSc programs. As I conjure up the statement of purpose, is it any different than American schools? Any tips, suggestions regarding the application process?

Sorry, I don't have any tips about that.

But I've seen your posts around here and I know you've been a little down on your luck with applying to Biostat/Biomath programs. Have you officially heard back from every school yet? I'm curious as to how many schools you applied to and which schools they were?

Rejected from every school but haven't heard from NCSU yet.

The thing is, my grades suffer because I have too much responsibilities here that I don't deserve or want to have. When I'm independent, my grades, lifestyle exponentially improves ...but you can't write that in a SOP. If you did, I'm sure the reader will get a hmph! out of it. And a with a low GRE q score of 158 (you think I should take it again? I'm really looking at taking GRE math courses because studying on my own has only made me more paranoid with my habits.

If I don't get in this fall, I'm applying for Spring in Applied Math.

Otherwise, awaiting tips on University of Nottingham/Warwick here.

Yes, I think you should take the GRE again. Have you taken the Subject GRE? That seems like too low a score to apply to math-based programs with.

Thanks emm, did you study on your own or take a GRE class?

Also, I haven't taken the Subject GRE. I think I should start searching for classes for that too.

Edited by Hanyuye