Awkward email mistake (just need to vent...)

cokohlik

Last night I emailed my POI/DGS at my dream school, from my iPhone since we don't have internet at home right now. Everything was fine. I wake up this morning to a response - yay - and reply. Well, this is where things get awkward... I somehow managed to send a draft of the email to him, and then 20 minutes later, the final version. The draft doesn't show up in my sent box in my gmail account (I use gmail to manage my .edu account) but it does in my iPhone's sent mail. I swear I don't remember sending the draft email, but I wasn't caffeinated so anything's possible. It wasn't like, a draft, draft, I just added a few words in the "final" email that weren't there in the "draft" email. It's just awkward because if I did happen to send it twice, he'll get it twice, but two different versions of it, and that's really weird. I haven't received a reply yet. I suppose I'm just finding some minor thing to freak out about. I need to wake up and calm down. (Oh also, the graduate secretary was CC'ed in all this. +1 awkwardness.)

SDLKJFSLKJDF.

Moral of the story: I shouldn't email anyone, no matter how urgent it is that I reply, until I've had my three shots of espresso...

I promise I'm not a total dolt. :(

The end.

I am sorry about that, you know what though these things happen and I also did something stupid last night. I got a call from a school (I am hesitant to name only because you never know who reads these), anyways it is very near my dream program (in the same state). My dream has not contacted me at all yet which scares me. ANyways this school is more of a saftey school and I know I'll get an acceptance, what I am hoping for is funding. The phone call was to arrange a TA interview. The program director said her name, (which I should recognize) told me about the interview, and we picked a time and date. Then the director preceeded to ask me if I was diffenetly comming to the state name. Me being tired and stupid, replied by saying "Yes if (state name, U) accepts and funds me, I will go in a heart beat, it would be a dream cometrue. The director then informed me I was talking to the other school....yes I wanted to crawl in a whole and die. I e-mailed this mroning appoligizing and explaning why I value their program Hope I made you feel better.

My prospective advisor recently sent me two emails with the same message. The second one had an extra line apologizing for possibly sending it twice after having problems with the email client.

Weird email stuff happens to everyone. :)

I am sorry about that, you know what though these things happen and I also did something stupid last night. I got a call from a school (I am hesitant to name only because you never know who reads these), anyways it is very near my dream program (in the same state). My dream has not contacted me at all yet which scares me. ANyways this school is more of a saftey school and I know I'll get an acceptance, what I am hoping for is funding. The phone call was to arrange a TA interview. The program director said her name, (which I should recognize) told me about the interview, and we picked a time and date. Then the director preceeded to ask me if I was diffenetly comming to the state name. Me being tired and stupid, replied by saying "Yes if (state name, U) accepts and funds me, I will go in a heart beat, it would be a dream cometrue. The director then informed me I was talking to the other school....yes I wanted to crawl in a whole and die. I e-mailed this mroning appoligizing and explaning why I value their program Hope I made you feel better.

:o:( That's just terrible. I'm sorry!! I hope she knows it was an honest mistake. I really hope you got it worked out! :unsure: