The moment when I didn't hear back, but somebody posted acceptance

gogogo

Not necessarily. It is important to consider how the individual who posted the acceptance received notification. If, for example, the poster received the acceptance via postal-service then it could likely be the case that yours is in the mail and simply took more time to arrive to you than it did the aforementioned poster. Also, even if the acceptance was sent via email, though slightly more troubling, it does not mean that you are necessarily out of the running. Most programs send personal emails to those students who are accepted—so, it could be the case that your name is simply further down the list than other candidates.

Best of luck!

This is a complex situation. Sometimes committees meet every week and they examine a limited number of files in that week. I mean they can examine 15 files every week. Then, every week 1 or 2 applicants can be accepted, therefore notification process may change from applicant to applicant...

Do you know if the email was from their POI? If it was, and you have a different POI, yours could have just not sent the email yet. That happened with my acceptance. My friend checked Grad Cafe and told me that someone had gotten accepted to my program by email. I completely freaked out. My POI sent my email two days later and all was okay.

this particular program accepts about 3 students per year out of more than 100 applicants....

and I don't have a particular POI. i wrote about my interested research areas relating to several professors. I didn't make contact with the professors at all...