FUTURE COLUMBIA MSW STUDENTS (2012)!

Gumball12

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to add my 2cents before we end up with more than 1 group. I think it should be something like CUSSW or Columbia University School of Social Work Class of 2014; otherwise, the other names are too general and will be confusing for future cohorts as well as our own cohort.

Thanks for taking the lead on making the group!

I'll do it! Do we want a page or a group? A page is typically open to anyone to join and conversations through wall posts will be open to the public. On the other hand, we can keep group conversation limited to members who have to request to join. (see explanation of the differenc). To create a group I need at least one of you to become my friend on facebook (search for margiehatch@gmail.com).

In terms of page decoration, I won't be able to use the Columbia logo without the schools permission, but I'll find something to stick in there.

Which name will be the most likely to be searched by accepted students? Please respond with your choice:

1. Columbia University School of Social Work Accepted Students (Unofficial)
  2. CUSSW Accepted Students
  3. Future Columbia MSW Students

Please connect with me so we can get this started!

I agree. The name should be something like 'COlumbia University School of Social Work class of 2014' or 'CUSSW incoming students Fall 2012'

All set! Look for "Columbia University School of Social Work Class of 2014". I had to create an email for the group cussw2014@groups.facebook.com. I didn't realize it when I created it, but the email address one creates becomes the url too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cussw2014/. So go there and join in!

Hi folks, I came into the discussion a little late and made the group for accepted students. I have been accepted, but not yet "admitted". Sorry. You can still use the group. If you want it to be a closed group for admitted students, someone else should take over the admin. Please let me know and I'll hand over the reigns!