Fall 2013 English Lit Applicants

girl who wears glasses and It's (Not) About me -- I wrote to Wisconsin Madison. They were really prompt with their reply. It's a waitlist for me. Thought I'd let you know. All the best to the both of you. I don't know what to feel really. :(

Thanks for sharing! You should feel proud, honestly. It's an honor to just be nominated. Or something.

Mind sharing who you contacted?

I'm in the midst of my own application results shenanigans, but since he doesn't have his own account:

My boyfriend just got accepted to Brandeis (which means he's 1a/0w/2r, waiting on 9 more); he finished his M.A. there a couple years ago, so he's over the moon. I'm not sure if anything's set in stone yet, but he wants to know if anyone else has been accepted and would mind getting in touch with him. PM me if that's the case.

Talking about him in the third person makes me feel like a boxer's promoter. 

I'm in the midst of my own application results shenanigans, but since he doesn't have his own account: My boyfriend just got accepted to Brandeis (which means he's 1a/0w/2r, waiting on 9 more); he finished his M.A. there a couple years ago, so he's over the moon. I'm not sure if anything's set in stone yet, but he wants to know if anyone else has been accepted and would mind getting in touch with him. PM me if that's the case. Talking about him in the third person makes me feel like a boxer's promoter. 

:) congrats!

Edited by thinkagain

I'm in the midst of my own application results shenanigans, but since he doesn't have his own account:

My boyfriend just got accepted to Brandeis (which means he's 1a/0w/2r, waiting on 9 more); he finished his M.A. there a couple years ago, so he's over the moon. I'm not sure if anything's set in stone yet, but he wants to know if anyone else has been accepted and would mind getting in touch with him. PM me if that's the case.

Talking about him in the third person makes me feel like a boxer's promoter. 

I am this over-the-moon boyfriend. Against my better judgement, I decided to make an account. Feel free to message me! And thank you, thinkagain. 

So, Oregon's snail-mail rejections started arriving today.  I didn't get one, but I'm about as far away from Eugene as you can get and still be in the continental U.S.  If my mailbox is still empty tomorrow, I will feel much more confident.

And Billy Goehring and no_foam_cappuccino, if those are your actual pictures, y'all are damn adorable.  You quit being such a good looking couple!  Quit it right now!

So, Oregon's snail-mail rejections started arriving today.  I didn't get one, but I'm about as far away from Eugene as you can get and still be in the continental U.S.  If my mailbox is still empty tomorrow, I will feel much more confident.   And Billy Goehring and no_foam_cappuccino, if those are your actual pictures, y'all are damn adorable.  You quit being such a good looking couple!  Quit it right now!
Why am I out of up votes?!?! Seriously, cutest couple ever.

So, Oregon's snail-mail rejections started arriving today. I didn't get one, but I'm about as far away from Eugene as you can get and still be in the continental U.S. If my mailbox is still empty tomorrow, I will feel much more confident.

Good luck!! I got mine today, but my husband didn't. Obviously we live at the same address... don't know what it means.

Edited by thatjewishgirl

So, Oregon's snail-mail rejections started arriving today.  I didn't get one, but I'm about as far away from Eugene as you can get and still be in the continental U.S.  If my mailbox is still empty tomorrow, I will feel much more confident.

And Billy Goehring and no_foam_cappuccino, if those are your actual pictures, y'all are damn adorable.  You quit being such a good looking couple!  Quit it right now!

Oh God this is torture.  I'm blind, and got home at bloody midnight. There is an envelope on the table and my scanner is broken and no one is awake to tell me if my hopes and dreams have been dashed yet again by the postal service.

I have never prayed this before, but please, God, let that be a bill.  It can be really big, just let it be a bill.

Why am I out of up votes?!?! Seriously, cutest couple ever.

Yes, this.

So was it a bill????

I've been doing tech support on the scanner all morning. Still don't know. Next step is to go get bitten by something radioactive so I can get superpowers of telepathy. Eat your heart out, DareDevil.

...and it was a letter from the republican party of Minnesota. The bastards have the worst timing ever. But still better than the alternative, I guess. :)

Edited by Katia_chan

Oh, Katia, I'm so sorry - I never meant to induce angst.  If it makes you feel any better, my Oregon rejection letter arrived in Florida today.  The letter said they had 176 applicants this year and could only admit about 10%.  That one stings a little bit because my POI was on the adcom and every contact I had with him was initially quite positive.  Oh, well.

Oh, Katia, I'm so sorry - I never meant to induce angst.  If it makes you feel any better, my Oregon rejection letter arrived in Florida today.  The letter said they had 176 applicants this year and could only admit about 10%.  That one stings a little bit because my POI was on the adcom and every contact I had with him was initially quite positive.  Oh, well.

No need to apologize--you didn't induce any more angst than this entire stupid process.

And no that does not make me feel better; I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. That sucks. :(  But hopefully you'll have some better luck with the rest of your applications.  Wishing you the best!

Well, I meant more along the lines of I'm in Florida, you're in Minnesota, so I'd almost certainly assume a rejection would reach you before me.  If you haven't heard anything by now, you're probably still in the hunt.  And thank you for the good wishes; I already have an acceptance, so I'm not wringing my hands too much over Oregon, but it would have been a good fit.  Ah, well.