More aggravating stuff...

MDLee

Worse than a university that doesn't have a website to check your status is the one who has one...and then still sends you a letter via snail mail to tell you that you're rejected. No email notification (as you sit there with your breath held).

One more reject. Chalk it up, I guess. The traveling circus option is looking more appealing every day. :roll:

100% with you on that. The UMass site actually spells it out suchly:

Notification of denial of admission will not appear on this web site for 21 days, thus allowing these decisions to first reach the applicant by mail.

Not to mention they apparently just gave up on updating the website months ago. It still shows none of my stuff arriving, even though they verified by phone back in December that my file was complete.

Not to mention they apparently just gave up on updating the website months ago. It still shows none of my stuff arriving, even though they verified by phone back in December that my file was complete.

I had a similar issue with Penn a while ago. The online status checker says it's incomplete still, but the coordinator says otherwise. So unfortunately I'm not relying on the web for info about that program...

100% with you on that. The UMass site actually spells it out suchly:

Nearly all of my apps said the same thing online. Very frustrating and nerve-racking!