Columbia TC

withjoy

Someone asked about the e-mail from Columbia Teachers College on the results board. They sent me an e-mail that said to check the application website. I logged on with the same PIN I used to apply. Underneath my recommendation providers was a place for "Decision Status." I clicked on the link and my acceptance letter popped up. I hope that helps the person who was asking!

Applied: NYU, Columbia, Stanford

Accepted: Columbia, NYU (unofficially through e-mail from professor)

Rejected: none yet

Waiting on: Stanford

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the EdD program for Teaching of English. When I applied I kept going back and forth on applying for the EdD or the PhD in English Education. I ended up going for the PhD. When I received my letter yesterday, the admissions committee admitted me and switched me to the EdD program because they felt it was better suited to my interests. I'm sort of glad they did, since it certainly answers that question! :)

I have you heard anything on TC's funding? Do they let us know? Should we be asking?

I've seen some results for the Soc of Ed program posted on the board recently, and I was wondering if their results status came in the same way (e-mail followed by logging into apply yourself and results)?

I applied to the PhD program, and I still haven't heard anything...and no link on the application page :(

Here is a wall posting from the "Teachers College, Columbia University Prospective Students" facebook group:

"Thanks for applying to TC! We anticipate the majority of application decisions to be released by mid-March (the week of the 15th). However, there is a chance that some students may hear earlier or some may hear slightly later. With the large number of programs we have, each admission committee has a slightly different application review timeline.

Please note that admission decisions are no longer mailed out via postal service. You will receive an email confirmation that a decision has been made on your application with instructions on how to receive your decision. Make sure that tcinfo@tc.columbia.edu doesn't go to your spam!

Best of Luck!"

Hey mochalatte, yeah, I am going to apply! May I know whether you are applying for Ph.D or Master? I am applying for the master of education program. I just wonder whether TC sent out the letter to every applicant, or just to those who might get the admission? how do you think, Mochalatte?

Hi amazingrace, I'm not sure. I was actually already admitted to TC for an M.A. in Soc and Education for Fall '09, but I indicated in my personal statement that I had experience with and wanted to work with inner city youth. Did you indicate that as well? They might be targeting students based on their interests...?

To mochalatte:

You have already been admitted to TC for 2009 Fall? May I know when you received their notification?

I have not heard anything about whether I am admitted to TC or not.

I thought they would release all admission results in the middle of March, won't they?

Anyway, congrats to your admission! I am very happy for you!

I just wish this fellowship application letter from TC is a good sign,

maybe they have accepted me too but just have not updated the website?

Who knows, I am always very positive! This letter brightens my day!

Amazingrace:

I just wanted to let you know that I think the each program does their own thing- notifies in different ways, that is. . I received an acceptance email from the professor that interviewed me but my status on the application site still says "Submitted". Anyway, my program in Teaching of History/Social Studies PhD, if that helps. Good luck!

Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted! Could you please tell me when you received your status change? I was wondering if it was more like a system update that occurs at night time or if it just changes during the day at different times?

Thanks!

My scholarship was included in the acceptance email. I'm Phd so I guess it could be different. I've also submitted an application on the application website for additional aid. I don't think anyone will be notified before April.

I emailed the Teaching of English program on Monday and was told that it would release decisions "by this Friday if not by early next week."

I'm so nervous...! Anyone else applying to become an English teacher? :)

(edited to clarify original statement :P)

I'm not affiliated with PC, but I'm sure that experience is a major plus for your application! :) I hope I hear something by Friday because I really, really don't want to plough through another giant box of Goldfish this weekend...

i am waiting to hear from tc too -from arts admin. during my interview, i was told that decisions would be made within four to six weeks, and that, if I am admitted, I will hear from the program director via email first (before notification from the school or a status change, etc.). Unfortunately, this is only the 3rd week since then :(