Columbia TC

withjoy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevilla,

There is a Facebook group for Teachers College, Columbia University Admitted Students and there I have been told by the office of admission that we will be notified about financial aid starting from next week. Best of luck to all of us!

As I mentioned before, I was admitted to the Higher Ed EdM program, but turned them down in favor of trying for another program. However, I did get my award letter yesterday (presumably for the Higher Ed program, which isn't off the books for me yet).

So the awards letters are on their way. I got mine via email.

Sevilla,

There is a Facebook group for Teachers College, Columbia University Admitted Students and there I have been told by the office of admission that we will be notified about financial aid starting from next week. Best of luck to all of us!

Thanks for the heads up, yareniyaren! Have any Zankel Fellowship applicants heard back yet with a decision?

Am I the only one who is still waiting for a reply from Columbia TC? I applied to the Leadership, Politics and Advocacy program and have heard nothing except for their "we'll be a while longer" email last Monday . This has to be a bad sign.

Am I the only one who is still waiting for a reply from Columbia TC? I applied to the Leadership, Politics and Advocacy program and have heard nothing except for their "we'll be a while longer" email last Monday . This has to be a bad sign.

I haven't heard anything except for that e-mail. I applied to the same program...is this what you received:

Thank you for your interest in Teachers College. While we hoped to notify all students of their admission decisions by March 15, some programs have requested additional time to review applications. Accordingly, your application is still under consideration with the program. As soon as a decision is available on your application, you will be notified via email. Thank you in advance for your patience.

I just got accepted to the Arts Admin MA.

actually, it was an email from the dean - I had emailed the day before to ask about decisions (the staff had told me "maybe april maybe by summer," and I wrote to ask her if it would be available before commit dates to other schools. she wrote back right away)

phew

I just heard via the website before they even sent out an email... woot! I'm in.

Congrats, Pentothepage! Whoa, You have been admitted to so many top schools! You are so great! Happy for you!

I guess it is time to decide where you will choose to go eventually! :)

Hi all,

As I did not receive any information about financial aid, I have asked Office of Financial Aid via e-mail about it, and they informed me that I have received "6762 in scholarship points". I am an international student, and I have no idea about what this means (the only thing I know that scholarships are awarded in tuition points, however, I do not know to what these points exactly correspond). And I was told that the relevant information will be sent out by the first week of April. Do you have any idea about what this means? I really appreciate it!

Hi all,

As I did not receive any information about financial aid, I have asked Office of Financial Aid via e-mail about it, and they informed me that I have received "6762 in scholarship points". I am an international student, and I have no idea about what this means (the only thing I know that scholarships are awarded in tuition points, however, I do not know to what these points exactly correspond). And I was told that the relevant information will be sent out by the first week of April. Do you have any idea about what this means? I really appreciate it!

Congrats, Yareniyanren!

By the way, How did you been notified about your financial aid status?

Did they send you an award letter via e-mail?

Thanks a lot amazingrace. I did not receive any notification, so I decided to write an e-mail to the Office of Financial Aid asking when I would be informed about the financial aid status. In their reply they informed me about the scholarship. However, there was no information about what that scholarship meant. They only told me that the official award letter will come by the first week of April. Any idea about what those points correspond to?

Thanks a lot amazingrace. I did not receive any notification, so I decided to write an e-mail to the Office of Financial Aid asking when I would be informed about the financial aid status. In their reply they informed me about the scholarship. However, there was no information about what that scholarship meant. They only told me that the official award letter will come by the first week of April. Any idea about what those points correspond to?

I think you should either have contact with financial aid office or wait until first week of April. I am waiting for my award letter as well. I have been notified that the award letter will be mailed to me by the end of this month. I am getting quite uneasy about it, and wonder how much they could fund me. I am an international student as well, and we all know what that scholarship means to us!

As I got the impression that I should wait until I got the award letter for details, I thought that it may not be a good idea to bother them by phone as well. But I guess you are right. I should have contact with them. I have another offer from another school and they are implicitly putting pressure on me to make a decision before 15th April, and I feel extremely uncomfortable with that.

I can't agree more. Those scholarship means a lot to us. Let's keep fingers crossed for all of us!

As I got the impression that I should wait until I got the award letter for details, I thought that it may not be a good idea to bother them by phone as well. But I guess you are right. I should have contact with them. I have another offer from another school and they are implicitly putting pressure on me to make a decision before 15th April, and I feel extremely uncomfortable with that.

I can't agree more. Those scholarship means a lot to us. Let's keep fingers crossed for all of us!

Good luck to us, and looking forward to meeting you in TC!

OK, I called the office of financial aid, and totally I am very disappointed by what I have learned. For your information, those points refer to dollar, and actually those 6762 points correspond to tuition points. It is only for a year, and it means I will not be paying for 6 credits for the whole semester. And if I would like to use those points in two semesters (divided by 3), it is only 3 credits per semester...I pretty appreciate it, as it is better than having nothing. However,tThis does not make any sense for an international student. I hope you hear better news!

Just a tip: I inquired about the meaning of the scholarship points I received and when I politely asked if they could lead me in the right direction on where I could apply for further funding (outside sources, other fellowships, etc), they responded with more money. I wasn't expecting it but I think the money is there. They are just trying to see how many people are actually going to commit before they promise anything. My department asked me to confirm by March 15, and I received an official letter soon after.

Just a tip: I inquired about the meaning of the scholarship points I received and when I politely asked if they could lead me in the right direction on where I could apply for further funding (outside sources, other fellowships, etc), they responded with more money. I wasn't expecting it but I think the money is there. They are just trying to see how many people are actually going to commit before they promise anything. My department asked me to confirm by March 15, and I received an official letter soon after.

Does it mean that i have to accept the admission before they agree to offer any financial aid?