Columbia TC

withjoy

No. It shouldn't be that way. I had an informal notification about my award but after I accepted I got an official letter. Again, all departments are different. I would suggest an email to your department stating that in order for you to make an informed decision, you need the financial info first. That is, if you've not already done this. It's NYC! It's expensive and they should let you know about money so you can decide. I'm sorry for your frustration. But you've every right to be.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It shouldn't be that way. I had an informal notification about my award but after I accepted I got an official letter. Again, all departments are different. I would suggest an email to your department stating that in order for you to make an informed decision, you need the financial info first. That is, if you've not already done this. It's NYC! It's expensive and they should let you know about money so you can decide. I'm sorry for your frustration. But you've every right to be.

Thank you, Mungdaddy!

Any MA and Ed.M students hear from the financial aid office? I have been notified that the financial award letter will be mailed to me by the end of this month. I am getting pretty anxious about it. Currently, having another pretty good offer does not make things nicer....

• 1 year later...

I found this post on here while randomly searching for TC and figured it would be cool to give it a new life!! so, I was accepted to TC ( Master of Arts in Teaching Social Studies) did anyone else get accepted yet? and what are you living situations?

I found this post on here while randomly searching for TC and figured it would be cool to give it a new life!! so, I was accepted to TC ( Master of Arts in Teaching Social Studies) did anyone else get accepted yet? and what are you living situations?

I still haven't heard anything back yet, but it seems like a lot of people are starting to get notifications. How long ago did you get your acceptance? Congratulations!

I still haven't heard anything back yet, but it seems like a lot of people are starting to get notifications. How long ago did you get your acceptance? Congratulations!

hey thanks! i got my acceptance on March 1. But the letter was marked feb 27. good luck! and just because I have noticed alot of people asking for admits stats.... GPA: 3.92 no GRE's- one summer research experience- and 2 years tutoring in urban schools- i think my experience truly helped me out considering most people applying to TC have high GPAs and test scores... good luck

hey thanks! i got my acceptance on March 1. But the letter was marked feb 27. good luck! and just because I have noticed alot of people asking for admits stats.... GPA: 3.92 no GRE's- one summer research experience- and 2 years tutoring in urban schools- i think my experience truly helped me out considering most people applying to TC have high GPAs and test scores... good luck

Thanks! I am hoping I hear something soon because it is the only program I am still waiting on... I'm actually a little concerned because I don't have any experience, and my background is in anthropology rather than education. My GPA (3.85) and GRE scores (680/620/5) are fine though, so who knows. I also studied abroad for a year, so I am hoping that makes a somewhat unique applicant.

Did they give you any information about funding? Do you think that is where you will go?

Thanks! I am hoping I hear something soon because it is the only program I am still waiting on... I'm actually a little concerned because I don't have any experience, and my background is in anthropology rather than education. My GPA (3.85) and GRE scores (680/620/5) are fine though, so who knows. I also studied abroad for a year, so I am hoping that makes a somewhat unique applicant.

Did they give you any information about funding? Do you think that is where you will go?

No info in regards to funding... i have been accepted to NYU as well... TC was my first choice so im def. going ha

Edited by mrniceguy

Waiting on TC - last school

So far:

Harvard - Accepted - unknown funding

Brown - Accepted - ~75% scholarship

Vanderbilt - Accepted - unknown funding

GPA 3.83

GRE 630/710/5

lots of extra stuff/experience

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

oh - Im science ed.

EDIT - Columbia - Accepted! :D - funding unknown

MAT in Social Studies @ TC - same here for me. When are you starting?

Feel free to get in touch. Take care and congrats.

Hey all-

Congrats to everyone who got in! Now on to financing our degrees...

Did anyone send in a proof of citizenship to the financial aid office? I don't know if I'm reading this incorrectly, but this link (http://www.tc.columbia.edu/financialaid/index.asp?Id=General+Information&Info=Newly+Admitted+Students) says that we "are required to submit a copy of your passport or naturalization documents to the Office of Financial Aid"? Does this apply for everyone?

Just found out a few days ago that I was accepted into the MA program for Comparative and International Education! Anyone else accepted to the same program?

Also, is there any chance that I could actually get funding considering it is only an MA program?

i know someone who applied for the phd but was admitted to the ma instead. funding is not clear yet. any ideas what this means for my friend? thanks!

I'm not really sure what that means for your friend, but you have to already have an MA to be admitted to the PhD program. So, if your friend doesn't have an MA yet, that would be why he or she was admitted to the MA program instead.

Also, I just got an email with a financial aid package, but still nothing about scholarships. I have a bad feeling that information might be coming late, especially since the scholarship application isn't officially due until April 20th.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out a few days ago that I was accepted into the MA program for Comparative and International Education! Anyone else accepted to the same program?

Also, is there any chance that I could actually get funding considering it is only an MA program?

Hi jlbigham,

I am also admitted to that program and wondering about their financial aid, although I don't think it's likely to offer me any. Do you have other information about that program? Such as whether the professors are actually helpful to MA students, since there are pretty many people enrolled in the program, and the availability of internships...

Congrats anyway!