Georgetown Strengths/Weaknesses

It looks like they would have gone out, what would have been last week. As I assume there are a ton of well qualified people on this board who did apply to SFS at Georgetown, I bet at least someone will get in and, therefore, I doubt that anyone should go into conniptions just because last year's date has come and gone.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Georgetown about the MSFS open house and this was their response yesterday.

"Thank you for your e-mail. All accepted students will receive information about the open house along with their admission decision."

No word of when that might be.

Poodles:

I haven't heard a peep either from GPPI. They sorta did the same thing last week too though, they actually didn't send anything out till a few days later.

It seems like they haven't yet made announcements on this round of awards. I can't imagine that no one on the board gets one of the 2nd round awards... right?

We'll see I guess...

I called and was told that the decisions had not yet been released from the Scholarship Committee.

This is what I'm basing my "ok" state of mind on... I think we're still in the running. ("think" being the operative term)

I've been watching my computer screen for 24 hours now, getting old!

I've been watching my computer screen for 24 hours now, getting old!

Yeah, dude, I've started like making bargains with myself. "Not gonna check my email for 3 hours..." etc. It always ends up being like 30 minutes but ya know.

The email should seriously have said "we'll try to get back to you by 3/11," instead of "if we don't get back to you by 3/11 then NO AID FOR YOU."

Here's hoping the person nyr spoke to was correct.

Yeah, dude, I've started like making bargains with myself. "Not gonna check my email for 3 hours..." etc. It always ends up being like 30 minutes but ya know.

The email should seriously have said "we'll try to get back to you by 3/11," instead of "if we don't get back to you by 3/11 then NO AID FOR YOU."

Here's hoping the person nyr spoke to was correct.

Yeah. I spoke to Emmett Griffin, so I'm hoping what he told me was accurate.

So for those of you waiting to hear.....

I assume you all got an additional e-mail after the acceptance e-mail detailing your acceptance? I gather it mentioned something about March 11th? Do you think its safe to assume I will not receive funding if I did not receive the e-mail? (I wont be heartbroken) I was accepted in early February but have not heard anything else.

I just want to know if its worth a visit. I feel like I'm in funding purgatory with GPPI. Most schools at least inform you if they do not plan to give additional funding.

I don't know whats going on over at GPPI scholarship committee! Either we've all missed the cut (statistically unlikely) or they're totally unconcerned with us ever finding out about the awards. Haha. At least I have other things to distract me (hks? chicago?) over the next, say, 48 hours...

keep on keepin' on!

So for those of you waiting to hear.....

I assume you all got an additional e-mail after the acceptance e-mail detailing your acceptance? I gather it mentioned something about March 11th? Do you think its safe to assume I will not receive funding if I did not receive the e-mail? (I wont be heartbroken) I was accepted in early February but have not heard anything else.

I just want to know if its worth a visit. I feel like I'm in funding purgatory with GPPI. Most schools at least inform you if they do not plan to give additional funding.

hey dagger, I think that if you were admitted in the first wave in early February and haven't received an email asking for a supplemental scholarship essay, you are out of the running for funding. Have you received your official acceptance letter?

hey dagger, I think that if you were admitted in the first wave in early February and haven't received an email asking for a supplemental scholarship essay, you are out of the running for funding. Have you received your official acceptance letter?

You know, I don't know what I was thinking. I received the decision on Feb 23rd. I am still yet to receive the official letter. I think I'm going to do some calling today.

yeah, good idea.

Looks like its a no go. "If you haven't received the e-mail yet you are not being considered for funding." Sadness. I'm not particularly devastated. It does save me a trip to DC and narrow things down a bit. :)

I received my decision in February too, but still no official snail mail letter either! I'm waiting till next week, then calling.

I initially asked about the official letter and the gentleman said it had something to do with the system (switching it over? new system?) I missed that part.

Looks like its a no go. "If you haven't received the e-mail yet you are not being considered for funding."

Sorry to nitpick, but does that mean "if you haven't received an email about being considered for funding," or "haven't received an email telling you that you are getting funding?" I assume you're referring to a phone call with or email from GPPI?

Sorry to nitpick, but does that mean "if you haven't received an email about being considered for funding," or "haven't received an email telling you that you are getting funding?" I assume you're referring to a phone call with or email from GPPI?

Couldn't say. I first inquired about the official letter and then asked if he could provide any clarity to whether or not I was being considered for funding. What I posted was the gentleman's response. I was kind of turned off by the way he spoke to me. Granted, they get a million of these calls all the time so I can see it from their perspective. I just felt he could have been more cordial.

edit: All of this was via phone

"Couldn't say. I first inquired about the official letter and then asked if he could provide any clarity to whether or not I was being considered for funding. What I posted was the gentleman's response. I was kind of turned off by the way he spoke to me. Granted, they get a million of these calls all the time so I can see it from their perspective. I just felt he could have been more cordial."

edit: All of this was via phone

I'm not really sure if this helps clarify anything, but about a month ago GPPI emailed me to say that my application wasn't complete, and that they hadn't received my official transcript. I resent it immediately, and I just heard a couple of hours ago that I am accepted. The email also said that if selected for FA, I would receive FA info with my official letter, which I will receive in the next couple of weeks.

So perhaps they are sending out all the official letters at once, after they have decided all of the admits? This could be when they announce financial aid. Just a thought as to why no one's heard yet.

Just received an email from GPPI:

"Thank you for your statement concerning GPPI consideration. The Scholarship Committee has postponed announcement of the next round of scholarship decisions to sometime next week."

Weird thing is, it was a personal reply from the email I sent GPPI that included my scholarship award statement. Hope this helps everyone relax, although (like myself) I doubt it will.

Any MPP applicants here.. got an admit e-mail yesterday... have also asked to be considered for scholarship ( I was told when I shecked initially that MPM students could apply for scholarships too..).. any thoughts on how this could work.. given that this thread seems to suggest that scholarship decisions are going to be made very soon (if not already!)