Penn GSE

edgrad2009

I emailed them a week ago and was told: "Admissions decisions for M.S. E.D. in Higher Education students will be made in late February or March. Applications start to be reviewed in mid-February. The Admissions Committee usually takes up to four weeks to make a decision."

I emailed them a week ago and was told: "Admissions decisions for M.S. E.D. in Higher Education students will be made in late February or March. Applications start to be reviewed in mid-February. The Admissions Committee usually takes up to four weeks to make a decision."

Hi Gradhope. I applied to the same program as you at Penn so thanks for posting that. Hoping decisions will come sooner rather than later but I am not counting on it. Good luck! I visited Penn and thought it was fantastic so I am very excited..hoping to get in.

• 2 weeks later...

hopeful masters candidates--i think judgement day is quickly approaching. i am thinking march 17th. any other guesses? who here is higher ed? i wonder if we will all hear at the same time. from the old results page its hard to tell but seems scattered. if they wait for the end of march i will lose my mind.

edgrad2009, I am in the same boat as you, waiting to hear from Penn GSE! I check my email and mail daily, but nothing yet. Let us know when you hear!

Does anyone else feel like this is the calm before the storm? People are expecting to hear masters decisions from Harvard, Stanford and Penn GSE within a week or two... I'm nervous!!

I received a call today around 2pm (PST) telling me that I was recommended for admission to the M.S.Ed program in Higher Education and would receive official materials within the next few days! I'm a little sad because I actually missed that call. But I guess they have started to notify people. Good luck to everyone else!

I received a phone call yesterday afternoon notifying me that I was admitted into the Higher Education program :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I can't believe it! I'm trying to contain my excitement until I see the financial aid package they offer me. Ivy's come with a hefty price tag :roll: :roll: :roll:

Called up Penn today. I applied for the learning technologies in educations masters. They said notifications go out about a month after the application is completed, by snail mail only...

My application was completed 5 weeks ago today... Now just to wait for the mail...

Called up Penn today. I applied for the learning technologies in educations masters. They said notifications go out about a month after the application is completed, by snail mail only...

My application was completed 5 weeks ago today... Now just to wait for the mail...

Very glad to hear that it takes about a month. I've been waiting for about 5 weeks, myself. Has anyone heard from the Education Policy (M.S.Ed) program?

Good Luck To All!!

So i called up Penn again today (i'm a little impatient... hate the waiting) and asked if a decision had been made concerning my application status...

it hasn't... because my application is incomplete? What?

I called up Penn twice to make sure that my app. was complete with all LORs and transcripts and GRE scores, and it was, both times. Both these calls were made about two weeks ago (I call over skype, from abroad. This first time the connection was bad, but the woman told me they had received all of my materials- she read them all off to me- including a transcript from William and Mary, but i didn't go there... so I called back the next day to make sure there really wasn't a william and mary transcript. The next day, there wasn't.). I turned in the online app 5 weeks ago and immediately mailed out all other parts.

I tell this to the woman on the phone who says, "oh don't worry, we have a 3 week backlog of apps, we haven't uploaded your file for review yet. We probably have all parts of the app but just haven't gotten to it yet.. it won't be reviewed for another month or two after that!" I asked her if she could make sure that there wasn't actually anything missing from my app, but she said she couldn't because she didn't have the actual file in front of her.

Another month or two? well, i guess i can stop worrying for the next three weeks, although to be honest, i'm worried and upset that my application may indeed be incomplete! Maybe my GREs or an LOR got misplaced? I'm considering calling up tomorrow just to make sure nothing is missing...

Called up Penn again to make sure nothing was missing... and I was told my application was complete, has been for two weeks, and is still in the process of being considered...

Every time i call up I hear something new. My name isn't that common, but I wonder if someone with a similar name has applied...

First, congratulations to everyone who got into the Higher Ed program at Penn!!! Yukihime & joe, are you going to Penn?

Also, has anyone heard anything about decisions for the master's in Education Policy at Penn GSE? I submitted my app back in late December. Should I have heard by now? What do you suggest to do? Thanks!

Did any one applied to any PhD/EdD program of GSE?! Going crazy... I applied 2 but so far no news!!! OMG do I need to call them and ask for the result directly? I'm in east Asia and I don't want to be notified by SNAIL mail... :x