Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Congrats to all the South Korean acceptees! To celebrate, I suggest singing 2NE1's I Am The Best to yourself and knowing that the words are true. (And for those of you who didn't hear good news, perhaps sing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkSOOiMDGiY, but switch "man" with "fulbright"?)

I've avoided creating an account in an attempt to stay away from this page. However, I always end up on it fifty times a day anyway, so I caved. Waiting to hear back for an ETA to Panama. Anybody else for Central America ETA's out there? Kudos to those who heard today!

You are being overly obsessive and irrational. Your welcome. ;-). No, seriously though, you could be right, you could be wrong, but it's still out of your control. Chammomile tea might be great for you right now. I hope it works out!

Chamomile is the best.

Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance, fingers crossed for alternates, and my condolences to those who didn't get it. Hang in there!

I've fortunately been able to stay calm for the last couple weeks, but Finland usually responds very late March/very early April. So I think my nerves are going to slowly creep back up in the coming days... yikes.

Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance, fingers crossed for alternates, and my condolences to those who didn't get it. Hang in there!

I've fortunately been able to stay calm for the last couple weeks, but Finland usually responds very late March/very early April. So I think my nerves are going to slowly creep back up in the coming days... yikes.

Karoliina at the Finland office said we should expect to hear back from Finland for better or worse by the end of the month via IIE. I confirmed with IIE today that we will hear this directly from them and not from Finland/FFSB. So hopefully we will know in a week and a few days! I'm definitely ready to just finally know and be able to plan my life. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Edited by Eliornerkramer

Message from Eileen (IIE, Russia):

Unfortunately we do not have a definitive timeline and the current sequestration may delay things somewhat. I would be hopeful that we may be in a position to notify applicants by mid-April but I am not in a position to give a definitive date. If we have any update on this in the coming weeks, I will let you know.

Congrats and best wishes to the rest!

EDIT: Not going to lie, that message scared the crap out of me when I first read the word "Unfortunately" in the beginning of my e-mail.
Edited by funkmastalex

Message from Eileen (IIE, Russia):

Unfortunately we do not have a definitive timeline and the current sequestration may delay things somewhat. I would be hopeful that we may be in a position to notify applicants by mid-April but I am not in a position to give a definitive date. If we have any update on this in the coming weeks, I will let you know.

Congrats and best wishes to the rest!

EDIT: Not going to lie, that message scared the crap out of me when I first read the word "Unfortunately" in the beginning of my e-mail.

Need more alcohol to cope with wait. 

Could other accepted South Korean ETA's shoot me a message so we can get a facebook group up and running? That way we could "get in contact" with one another, when somewhere deep inside we all just wanna stalk the hell out of each other.

No? Just me?  

Karoliina at the Finland office said we should expect to hear back from Finland for better or worse by the end of the month via IIE. I confirmed with IIE today that we will hear this directly from them and not from Finland/FFSB. So hopefully we will know in a week and a few days! I'm definitely ready to just finally know and be able to plan my life. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Yikes, this is getting intense. Thanks for the info -- my fingers are crossed for you too!

I think I figured out the trick to getting accepted.

Last year when i applied for Japan, I didn't "like" Fulbright's Facebook page and I ended up as an alternate. This year, I "liked" their page and I got the grant. I'm pretty sure this did the trick.

Also

Fulbright full grant to Korea! congrats to everybody else who heard back today as well!

Misun, which school are you affiliated with? What's your research on? 

I'll be at Seoul National University~

Anyone else out there apply specifically to the Fulbright-mtvU program? It's a newer program, and our deadline wasn't until March 1st, so I have no clue what the process/timeframe looks like from here on out. 

I think I figured out the trick to getting accepted.

Last year when i applied for Japan, I didn't "like" Fulbright's Facebook page and I ended up as an alternate. This year, I "liked" their page and I got the grant. I'm pretty sure this did the trick.

Also

Misun, which school are you affiliated with? What's your research on?

I'll be at Seoul National University~

Hi there fulbrighters! Congrats to those that have heard good news, fingers crossed to those that are alternates.

I'm applying for a research grant in Norway. Anyone else on the same boat? Know anything about when we should hear?

Anyone else have the feeling the longer they wait the more unlikely they are to get it?

at this point, I don't know what to think..other than to keep praying and not drive myself crazy...feel like I have my dissertation riding on this...but keep my head up..out of our hands at this point...

Hi there fulbrighters! Congrats to those that have heard good news, fingers crossed to those that are alternates.

I'm applying for a research grant in Norway. Anyone else on the same boat? Know anything about when we should hear?

Any day now! I also applied to Norway. Where/what do you want to study?