Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Can all the forumers who have not entered their info about recommendation, acceptance, alternate status or rejection please add it to our spreadsheet? :) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE&pli=1#gid=1

Thanks

Chile has sent out e-mails to winners. 

Cool. If you'd like to add your info to the spreadsheet, it would be awesome. 

People applying next year would be satisfied to see know when Chile applicants were notified:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE&pli=1#gid=1

Hey,

I was accepted to Chile today. I will add my info to the chart.

This blog was very helpful during the application process and I thank everyone that was posting relevant and informative tips and suggestions. I sort of clocked out once it became a place for people to publicly display their angst about acceptance.

Thanks again

Hey,

I was accepted to Chile today. I will add my info to the chart.

This blog was very helpful during the application process and I thank everyone that was posting relevant and informative tips and suggestions. I sort of clocked out once it became a place for people to publicly display their angst about acceptance.

Thanks again

congrats!!

Got the news today! (I initially mistakenly flagged the email as "trash" whilst sleepily reading on my phone, ha.) 

Anyway, alternate to Argentina on full grant.

I am now singing the soundtrack to Evita. Lol!! Congrats on alternate!

*cries*

I wonder if it could have an impact on how many ETA slots they have.

Hmm, do you think it could? I don't know -- I feel like the cost of the program really isn't that much when looked at in the big scheme of things. Then again, it's stuff like this that gets cut first in situations like that probably... gah. But I would think that the organization administrating this program already has its budget for the upcoming year? Who knows though. :/

Oh Chile and the rest of South America (that means you, Peru, Colombia, etc...), why must you tease the other Western Hemisphere sub-regions with your uncharacteristically early notifications? In all seriousness, however: jonnyg, I hope your news from Chile was good news.

For those of you who are applying to countries that do not have designated numbers of awards - it looks like only those with allotted spaces have been notified. Bad news for us? Could we be the ones absorbing the sequestration budget cuts? Thoughts?

Last thing: Any Caribbean/Central America lurkers out there? We're typically notified together (with the exception of last year - Caribbean was a day ahead of CA). We're considered one sub-region and we have the same Program Officer... We're not like the other areas (i.e. Germany, UK, Venezuela, etc...) who get their notifications on a nation-specific basis. I can only assume it's because our countries are so small....

Another Central America lurker here; I applied for a full grant to Costa Rica. I really hope we find out sooner rather than later than last year. That wait until May 9th was brutal. Everyone else I knew who applied had already known for at least a month and asked me if I'd heard back yet damn near every day...

Good show! I saw it on Broadway in January before it closed...

That is so cool! I enjoy the songs from that show. I don't get to go to New York very often, but I always take in a show when I am there. :)

Hmm, do you think it could? I don't know -- I feel like the cost of the program really isn't that much when looked at in the big scheme of things. Then again, it's stuff like this that gets cut first in situations like that probably... gah. But I would think that the organization administrating this program already has its budget for the upcoming year? Who knows though. :/

I have no idea. Really, I don't think it would have an effect until maybe next year, but what do I know?

Hey so i know the UK excitement is done, but not for me!!! Just had to share that i also am going to the UK!! Praise God! See you all there!

Congrats, see you there! :)