Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Well, I emailed her the other day. I wont ask outright. I dont actually think they are supposed to be telling us.

I was referring more to the writing process. I can't tell you how often one of the people on my campus committee would suggest I come in to discuss something that I had written. I know they are working with a lot of people, but I had to remind them several times that I couldn't just come in. X(

It doesn't help that I have nothing to do today.  School doesn't start back up for another week.  

Even if you have stuff to do, you are too distracted too. I cant focus at all.

I sent the smith uni link to my FPA and asked if our university could release the same info. She responded: "You should be receiving an email from IIE regarding your status by the end of the day. FPAs are asked to refrain from disclosing the results until the applicants have been notified. I believe some notifications were sent out yesterday. Please check your junk/spam email folders just in case."

Yeah I feel like that girl on Twitter knows because of the Smith College announcement. Is that actually allowed??

I doubt that's allowed but will the FPA get reprimanded, probably not so they probably don't care and posted it anyway?

SMH

Edited by legallyproper

Yeah I'm thinking it'll be like 7:30 EST before we know anything :/

7:30? *weep* I have today off from work and normally I'd relish in getting to diddle on the computer all day but now I am just nervous. 

Same here, I'm four hours way from my alma mater.

My FPA always forgets this..  

I'm not a student!! I work full time!! I can't just pop in whenever!!

Uggh, I know. Scheduling my interview in the fall was a pain, because of course the committee would only meet during a weekday for normal business hours, and at the time I wasn't able to take vacation (plus, it's probably bad form to miss work to interview for something that, if you got it, would force you to immediately leave your job :P). I had to go to my meetings in the morning and then pretend I very suddenly got sick in the afternoon haha.

Edited by Torrid

Uggh, I know. Scheduling my interview in the fall was a pain, because of course the committee would only meet during a weekday for normal business hours, and at the time I wasn't able to take vacation (plus, it's probably bad form to miss work to interview for something that, if you got it, would force you to immediately leave your job :P). I had to go to my meetings in the morning and then pretend I very suddenly got sick in the afternoon haha.

omg. I know.. i know. The first time I applied, I did a skype interview because I couldn't get off work. This time, I was going to have to do the same, but my vacation time FINALLY kicked in. I had been a contract worker for like..5 months.. and then I wasn't eligible for vacation for another 90 days after being "hired". I drove up there the night before , stayed at a friend's house who lived an hour away, and got up at like 5 the next morning to drive another hour for my 8 am appt. I am perpetually late, which is why I left so damn early; I made it on time. I enjoyed a quiet breakfast at IHOP before my interview. Them pancakes were GOOOD.

When I scheduled the interview, I had planned on doing a skype interview before I went to work; my campus is an hour ahead, so I would have only been a little late to work, and it would have been ok. I'm glad I got to go for the interview in person though. I felt much better about it!

Uggh, I know. Scheduling my interview in the fall was a pain, because of course the committee would only meet during a weekday for normal business hours, and at the time I wasn't able to take vacation (plus, it's probably bad form to miss work to interview for something that, if you got it, would force you to immediately leave your job :P). I had to go to my meetings in the morning and then pretend I very suddenly got sick in the afternoon haha.

Haha I got lucky with mine! My workplace is only a half hour drive from my uni, so I managed to snag a late afternoon slot and say I had to leave work early for "a family thing"

ooh man. yes. Do you watch the Walking Dead? They have very intense background music.

No, sadly I do not have cable and have almost zero time to watch anything =( I know...but I am sure they do. Zombies always lurk with creepy music.

I just got an email from the commission to inform me I was not recommended. Oh well. Just so you all know, it is titled "Your Fulbright Application."

:(

Refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh..... Any minute now... Ah.. I don't wanna know I changed my mind!