Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Congrats official Fulbrighter(s)!!!! I am anxiously waiting and by the looks of the Google Spread Sheets, I'll be waiting for a long time. Congo-Kinshasa does't seem to notify until late April. I'm praying and hoping for good news either way - seems it would be worth the wait. 

Okay, they are super nice at least! Well, we'll find out in a few weeks either way.... I hope I wasn't too nervous on the phone. ><

I'm sure you were fine! Good luck, I hope we both get it! :)

Am hoping maybe our first Fulbrighters got this information in their acceptance emails, or perhaps others know the answer... generally, how much time is given between hearing that you've received an award and the deadline to formally commit to accept/decline the award? Is it a very fast turnaround or are we given some time to consider it?

I think that they work under the assumption that you're going to accept.  In the last line of the acceptance email they say "If at any time in the coming months, you determine that you will not be able to accept the Fulbright award, please be sure to notify IIE immediately."  Hope this helps.

Congrats official Fulbrighter(s)!!!! I am anxiously waiting and by the looks of the Google Spread Sheets, I'll be waiting for a long time. Congo-Kinshasa does't seem to notify until late April. I'm praying and hoping for good news either way - seems it would be worth the wait. 

So glad to find another applicant to Africa! Yes, we'll be waiting for awhile--someone I know didn't hear back until April 25th! Are you doing a full or ETA?

Switzerland sent out a newsletter announcing the winners will be announced in early March. So close! I hope by early March they mean March 1st :-P.

Man, I feel really gipped. I never hear anything from my FPA's and I never get any kind of newsletter!  Hm. Maybe if Switzerland is announcing in early March, Germany will too!

found this forum as I wait to hear from Fulbright, and i've heard it can be quite a wait for Arab countries! my strategy for these sorts of things is to just not think about it until suddenly i hopefully hear, yet here i am, good to have a place to go to see others in the same boat. i wish everyone the best of luck, i truly hope whether it's Fulbright or anything else everyone finds a great and fulfilling opportunity for next year :)

Another Middle Easter! Where are you going?

Man, I feel really gipped. I never hear anything from my FPA's and I never get any kind of newsletter!  Hm. Maybe if Switzerland is announcing in early March, Germany will too!

Me too. The email I posted is the first thing I have heard from my FPA since, well actually I have never heard anything from my FPA that I did not initiate first. I have been thinking a lot about the wide variances I see in FPA involvement. I wonder why that is? It seems from some of the other posters that their FPA's are really encouraging, communicative and supportive and on the other end discouraging and not helpful. 

Thank goodness for this forum is all I can say. For those of us who have to go to the orientations we should try to meet up for a group hug!  :D

Don't forget the spreadsheet with past notification dates, super helpful!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE&pli=1#gid=8

Man.. they really do seem to be running ahead of schedule. Switzerland made there announcements towards the end of April last year!

I can't stop refreshing my email on my phone...I'm tormenting myself!!!!! lol sending positive vibes out there to everyone...hang in there!!!

Hahhaha. I was doing that yesterday. I'm actually trying to be productive today. I was checking on my Iphone so I just kept repeatedly dragging my finger down to refresh.. Instead of doing it every 2 seconds, I just check every 20 minutes or so..

It is quite horrible.

Edited by there'sanappforthat

I can't stop refreshing my email on my phone...I'm tormenting myself!!!!! lol sending positive vibes out there to everyone...hang in there!!!

I'm just hoping each country is just releasing notifications earlier this year and that soon becomes evident by hearing from all of you -- the fact that the Swiss awards will be out soon is potentially a good indicator for everyone.  I've resigned to having to wait a while longer for my own.

Me too. The email I posted is the first thing I have heard from my FPA since, well actually I have never heard anything from my FPA that I did not initiate first. I have been thinking a lot about the wide variances I see in FPA involvement. I wonder why that is? It seems from some of the other posters that their FPA's are really encouraging, communicative and supportive and on the other end discouraging and not helpful. 

Thank goodness for this forum is all I can say. For those of us who have to go to the orientations we should try to meet up for a group hug!  :D

I had to inform my FPA that I was recommended. He congratulated me, but he was not the first to tell me. 

I guess it depends on how involved in campus life the FPA is. He does a lot of things at my school, and the semester had just begun. 

Well, we shall see what happens in the next 2 weeks!

YEah i agree on meeting up at the orientation :) I had a dream about going to it a month or so ago.

Torrid was there. Hopefully that is a good sign for us. :blink:

Hahhaha. I was doing that yesterday. I'm actually trying to be productive today. I was checking on my Iphone so I just kept repeatedly dragging my finger down to refresh.. Instead of doing it every 2 seconds, I just check every 20 minutes or so..

It is quite horrible.

Worst thing ever: having a country whose notification range is approximately your finals week. 

Also, I just make my IPhone automatically refresh every minute and have the gmail app on it for instant notification. Bad idea.

Worst thing ever: having a country whose notification range is approximately your finals week. 

Also, I just make my IPhone automatically refresh every minute and have the gmail app on it for instant notification. Bad idea.

Heh. That seems like it would kill the battery. THankfully, I don't have finals, but it sure is making it hard to concentrate at work.

Also, you had short blond hair, with multi color sections. You don't do you? Because if you do.. I think I may have just had my first psychic experience ever.

Well, I have shoulder length blonde hair! It's not really multicolored though, just blonde. But not bad for your first psychic experience ;)

Edited by Torrid

I applied for Jordan. you?

ME TOO! You should post to the spreadsheet!

Haha I must admit I hope we both get it or ... it's too mean to even write! Gaaa! I hope we both get it, period. 

*must be nice, must be nice - not competitive, no vodoo - must be nice, must be nice* :rolleyes: