Fulbright 2009-2010

water_rabbit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone think of any reasons why medical clearance for western Europe wouldn't come through? Like, what's the worst affliction one would have to have for Fulbright to say, "Um, sorry. We changed our minds. You aren't fit to go to Spain/France/Germany/Netherlands/etc"?

Can anyone think of any reasons why medical clearance for western Europe wouldn't come through? Like, what's the worst affliction one would have to have for Fulbright to say, "Um, sorry. We changed our minds. You aren't fit to go to Spain/France/Germany/Netherlands/etc"?

swine flu

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't heard from Hungary yet. I was starting to worry that the lack of news meant bad news...

Whether you are placed in a high school or university depends on the country. For many countries it says in the description whether they place you in a "school" or "university."

Because of economic hard times, there is the potential that the number of positions may have been downsized, hence four awards instead of the projected ten.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't heard from Hungary yet. I was starting to worry that the lack of news meant bad news...

Whether you are placed in a high school or university depends on the country. For many countries it says in the description whether they place you in a "school" or "university."

Because of economic hard times, there is the potential that the number of positions may have been downsized, hence four awards instead of the projected ten.

Hey KEP0709, where do you live in relation to the New York Fulbright office? Can you post here when you've heard from Hungary? I live outside of San Francisco, so the news will likely arrive to nearly everyone else first.

Just found out that I'll be going to Italy on a Research grant!! Thanks to all of you bloggers who kept me company during this incredibly loooooong wait--it has been quite a journey! For all you alternates, I'll continue to cross my fingers that you get moved to principle status. Good luck to everyone!!!

If anyone else will be going to Italy, will you send me a message...would love to "meet" some others!

has anyone heard from back anywhere in the Middle East yet? I'm waiting on an egypt ETA application...

hi emily,

i've also applied to egypt. no news yet...

I didn't think we'd hear back so late since last year egypt grants were announced in late march.

has anyone heard from Jermaine or any of the MENA countries yet?

thx!

ks

someone said jordan notifications were sent out last Thursday so I assumed maybe egypt was as well... last time I emailed jermaine he said he was waiting for approvals and clearances to send out the letters and he had no idea how long that would take (this was around the 3rd week of april). maybe one of us should email him again for an update?

did you apply for research or an ETA? also, what part of the country are you in? i'm in california

someone said jordan notifications were sent out last Thursday so I assumed maybe egypt was as well... last time I emailed jermaine he said he was waiting for approvals and clearances to send out the letters and he had no idea how long that would take (this was around the 3rd week of april). maybe one of us should email him again for an update?

did you apply for research or an ETA? also, what part of the country are you in? i'm in california

Hmm... I guess we should be hearing back very soon then!

I applied for a research grant (public health and policy), so I'm worried about clearance for a controversial topic... Do you know what approvals and clearances entail?

Also, I'm in DC. Did you apply for an ETA or research, btw??

In Brazil the Researchers get a $1000 travel allowance which the ETA's do not receive..

Researchers would also get specific funds to use for any research purposes. I have seen anywhere from $500 on up for this.

I applied for an ETA ... I heard that the Middle East takes the longest to clear for political reasons (they have to make sure we're not an enemy of the state!) Hopefully we hear back soon, let me know when you get yours because then I know mine will be on the way!