SIPA Acceptance Today?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who have had application documents lost or missing, did you and your referees submit everything online or via snail mail? I don't understand how SIPA can lose documents that were submitted online.

I'm awaiting their decision as well. They wrote me in the middle of last week. Apparently they had lost my undergrad transcripts, so I had to resend them. I hope they make a decision soon, so I know where I stand.

OMG, too funny...they lost my MBA transcript and that's why my status was incomplete for so long. They only found it a 2 1/2 weeks ago. They said my application was going in with the "next batch"

For those of you who found out SIPA had misplaced your documents, how did you find out? Did they contact you? My application status has said "complete" since January, however I'm starting to get nervous hearing about all these missing documents! Also, to those of you who contacted the SIPA office directly in inquire about the status of your application, were the admissions folks willing to chat with you? I'm reluctant to check in with them considering they've explicitly said they can't respond to individual inquiries, however the talk of missing documents is causing me to wonder if maybe I should?...

When I looked at my stautus under transcripts is said "incomplete".

Rico- I submitted eveything including references on-line.

hehe...glad I paid the $120 CAD for this!

I'm willing to bet that the only people still waiting are admits with funding and rejects, and that I'm in the latter group. Sadface.

It'd be a bad bet to make though, so I won't do it.

oh dear... please don't say that. i'm trying to hope for the best! stay positive.

As far as I'm aware, SIPA has not lost any of my documents and my online status has indicated that everything has been submitted and my application is "complete." I will call them later this week to find out why I have not heard anything yet...

In the case of NYU/Wagner, my application was submitted in early Jan (before the scholarship deadline) and everything was listed as "Received" and "Complete." Fast forward two months and I call Wagner and they've told me one of my LoRs was "not in my file." This was despite my online status indicating that everything was "Received" before the 1st deadline! Subsequent to my call, my online status was updated to reflect the missing LoR. I now have until June 1 (the regular deadline) to replace that LoR and obtain a decision...

The cause for worry is that both SIPA and Wagner use the same ApplyYourself online system to track and update materials...

PS: All of my materials for both Wagner and SIPA were submitted via paper mail, which may have been a factor in Wagner losing/misplacing documents....

The fact is with all these acceptances and fellowship decisions going out, it's not getting any easier to get in at this point. It's time to brace yourselves for a possible rejection, and think positively about plan B, C, D, etc. Godspeed, everyone.

Oh no, so sorry to cause all this frenzy about missing documents. I knew because the system said incomplete next to LoRs. I'm sure if yours says "complete" it really means it's complete.

Hahaha, I really do think that "complete" means you're fine. But of course we all can be happy w/o SIPA. Why would we want to go somewhere that doesn't want us, right? ;-)

I'm worried about GT actually. I forgot to send two transcripts to each SSP and MSFS programs even after they requested people to do so, but too late now. Waiting for SAIS is killing me the most!

Hahaha, I really do think that "complete" means you're fine. But of course we all can be happy w/o SIPA. Why would we want to go somewhere that doesn't want us, right? ;-)

I'm worried about GT actually. I forgot to send two transcripts to each SSP and MSFS programs even after they requested people to do so, but too late now. Waiting for SAIS is killing me the most!

Right on jpa, I'm also waiting on MSFS and SAIS, with SAIS being my preferred program. Are you applying to Bologna for your first year?

Nope, I didn't do Bologna, b/c I'm more Asia focused and I've been abroad for the past 4.5 years that I'm happy being back in the States. SAIS told me they're mailing things out this week, so hope there's good news for me after being waitlisted at Fletcher and SIPA.

I kinda respect the way fletcher did it-at least everyone knew within two days.

SIPA's system is kind of annoying. At any rate, without funding, dunno if I'd want to take on the 80K+ in tuition alone,especially given that I want to go into government service.

I checked the status of my application today, and there was a line (actually, a link): "Your decision is now available online." I clicked on it, and I was struck by this piece of news: 'awarded $20 000 toward tuition for the first year.'

Has anybody got full tuition?

I checked the status of my application today, and there was a line (actually, a link): "Your decision is now available online." I clicked on it, and I was struck by this piece of news: 'awarded $20 000 toward tuition for the first year.'

Congrats mate. So far I've only heard about people getting up to and including 20k reductions, no full tuition.

That is outstanding news! The most generous offer I have seen yet.