SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2013

Mike D.

Hey everyone!

I am in panic! I did not receive any news from my uni (uottawa) but checking on the sshrc website I can now ask for a scholarship supplement (the Michael smith something). It was not here yesterday (yeah I checked...). Could that mean anything??? any previous experience I will call my deparment.

Bloody SSHRC giving the results a friday. It looks like they want to torture us until the end...

Hmm me too... But I'm not sure if that means anything, and I can't say whether or not it was there yesterday. 

Hmm me too... But I'm not sure if that means anything, and I can't say whether or not it was there yesterday. 

I just logged into mine. I don't see anything there for me (ie. same as it was 2 hours ago)

Strange.

Ugh. the anxiety.

All the best to everyone! Try (I know thats a silly thought) to relax over the weekend. No matter what now, what is decided is decided and we just have to ride the wave until we find out! 

Did you log into your SSHRC doctoral award? *NOT* the general SSHRC login. If you click 'create new form' and it says 'michael smith foreign study supplement' when the page becomes 'list of available forms.' You can't see this? 

I'm pretty sure that was there before. Sorry; so nerve-wracking!

Did you log into your SSHRC doctoral award? *NOT* the general SSHRC login. If you click 'create new form' and it says 'michael smith foreign study supplement' when the page becomes 'list of available forms.' You can't see this? 

When I went to general login, I saw only "in progress" and did not see anything r.e. Michael Smith supplement... but when I went to SSHRC Doctoral sign in and clicked "create new form", the Michael Smith Supplement grant shows up... It says its a supplement to CGS... I never checked this before though so don't know if it was always there or changed today.....

Oh I see what you are saying. I have the same thing. The start date is today under mine and it says supplemental. 

Any idea what that means?

It also links me to here: http://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/programs-programmes/fellowships/cgs_foreign_study-besc_etudes_etranger-eng.aspx

I also don't know if that was there before because I never did that step prior to you telling me to.

Edited by bluestockingmuse

I can see an application for the Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement as well in the SSHRC website when I log in and try to create a new form. That would be great if we could discern whether we were successful based on its presence/absence.

Are you sure it wasn't there before? And I wonder if those who were unsuccessful can also see an application for the Michael Smith? Would somebody who did not receive an award this time around be willing to check if they can see it too?

I can see that application too.. I wish there were some back door way of figuring out if we've won awards, but I don't think the supplemental application is one of those ways.  Until Monday (or beyond)!

Oh man, I forget to check this page until now and there are three new pages!!  Ahhhhh, results have been mailed out!  Too bad my university never notifies us.  I have to wait for the letter, and I'm going to be waiting awhile because I'm far from Ottawa. :(

Calm down everyone. This is getting ridiculous. Why would the option to create a Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements form mean anything? I see that too, and it says "Start Date, Friday, April 26, 2013" which probably means today is the first day to apply for the next MSFSS competition. Have you even looked at the eligibility criteria? Here's the description:

"Canada Graduate Scholarships—Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements (CGS-MSFSS) are available to Canadian citizens or permanent residents who hold a Joseph-Armand Bombardier, Alexander Graham Bell or Frederick Banting and Charles Best Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) at the master’s or doctoral level, or a Vanier CGS at the doctoral level."

I guess it would mean something in the sense it was not there before. And last year when I was rejected it was not there... So i guess what we need to know if everybody see it or if some people do not see it!

Again, it probably wasn't there before because today is the first day to apply. I think they made this option available today. Are there any Canadian citizens or permanent residents here who can't see the option to create an MSFSS form by logging in using this link?: https://webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logonFellowships.jsp?lang=en_CA

Also, having a Doctoral Fellowship does not make you eligible for the MSFSS. You need a CGS or a Vanier. I can assure you I didn't get a Vanier, and I don't think I was even eligible for a CGS when I applied for a Doctoral Fellowship. So, I'm only eligible for a Fellowship, which means I'm NOT eligible for an MSFSS, and yet I see the option to create an MSFSS form.