SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2013

Mike D.

I am not sure then. I would ask Leslie Main from Graduate Studies. you can find her e-mail on the carleton grad studies website. And she is super awesome in returning e-mail communication :)

Cog-sci sounds pretty cool :)

I'm in Law & Legal Studies

I did ask her!! She told me to wait. = (

Thanks!

Been lurking for awhile, but popping my head up to say that I appreciate the community of anxious colleagues here. Good luck to those who are getting letters in the next few days. Cheering you on and keeping my fingers crossed.

Been lurking for awhile, but popping my head up to say that I appreciate the community of anxious colleagues here. Good luck to those who are getting letters in the next few days. Cheering you on and keeping my fingers crossed.

A heartfelt ditto, Re-patriate! :) 

Happy day/news from Ottawa. The "donkey cart" has arrived :D

I just received the letter, Successful (CGS) score is 25.4/30

For more info about my profile please see my previous posts. 

Good luck to all still waiting. 

Sending lots of positive vibes! :D

Happy day/news from Ottawa. The "donkey cart" has arrived :D

I just received the letter, Successful (CGS) score is 25.4/30

For more info about my profile please see my previous posts. 

Good luck to all still waiting. 

Sending lots of positive vibes! :D

Congrats!!!! Such exciting news!! I haven't received my mail yet... tends to come in late afternoon so crossing my fingers (despite others in Montreal not getting it..)

Congrats!!!! Such exciting news!! I haven't received my mail yet... tends to come in late afternoon so crossing my fingers (despite others in Montreal not getting it..)

Thank you, and Best of luck :)

Edited by Numbered

Just received my letter here in Ottawa, I won a 2 year scholarship in the B category!  :)  Success rate was 975/1931.

My score was 21.9/30

I'm a second year Polisci student

A average

Several awards

No journal articles

Couple of conference papers

Worked very hard on my proposal!

Good luck to everyone else! :)

We accept the results through email?

Edited by nerdystudent

Hi All,

I received an e-mail from my Grad Chair today - I was awarded with a CGS!

Mail came in Kingston and no letter yet so I can't say my score.

At the time of application I had:

- MA OGS and additional internal scholarships

- Several other undergrad awards

- 85%/11.0 cumulative average from undergrad

- 1 peer reviewed publication

- 1 conference

- 2 excellent reference letters from my undergrad thesis supervisor and the professor whose paper I had published

Of my department only 3 applications went on to national competition for PhD. 2 were funded.

I should also add that, from the opinion of my department, I had an extremely strong plan of study for an incoming PhD student (which made up for the small number of publications and conferences). I worked with five faculty members to edit numerous drafts over the course of September and October and both of my supervisors read every single draft (I like 11 or 12 in all). I'm not saying that 12 drafts is necessary, but I was told by my department that when you have strong grades and were previously externally funded, the plan of study really ends up counting for a lot. 

Anyhow, I will post my score when it comes.

Congrats to all the recent winners and all my fingers and toes are crossed for those of you still having to wait. It won't be much longer!!! 
All the good vibes. 

Just received my letter here in Ottawa, I won a 2 year scholarship in the B category!  :)  Success rate was 975/1931.

My score was 21.9/30

I'm a second year Polisci student

A average

Several awards

No journal articles

Couple of conference papers

Worked very hard on my proposal!

Good luck to everyone else! :)

We accept the results through email?

Congrats. which school are you at?

I got my letter in Ottawa too. I got 19.95/30 . I wonder what means. When I first saw it I thought I must have JUST gotten an award as I thought the scoring was low o_0

It should say in your letter whether you have been funded or not. 19.95 is a good score, i suppose it all depends on the category you applied with. but i've see as low as 16.xx getting funded (last year's forum).

I am a bit confused (again) about how the point system works. So, I understand that there are several categories, but is there some kind of quota for each school as well? Out of the 1931, some must be direct applicants, and what about the rest of us applying from our universities? Are all applicants assessed equally according to the points, hence some schools having more award winners than other schools?