SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2013

Mike D.

I just received an email from my Graduate Advisor, wishing me congratulations on getting the SSHRC. It was quite a nice surprise! So it seems as though the results have been sent out to the departments, and hopefully the letter is in the mail...

BIG CONGRATS Dotlock! All the best in spending it!  :D

I just received an email from my Graduate Advisor, wishing me congratulations on getting the SSHRC. It was quite a nice surprise! So it seems as though the results have been sent out to the departments, and hopefully the letter is in the mail...

Dotlock- is your Graduate Advisor a member of a SSHRC adjudication committee?  I'm wondering if they had the inside scoop or if they heard from the Graduate Studies Office at your university.  Hopefully results are being filtered through Grad Studies Offices and we can all expect to hear soon!  Congratulations either way!

Yeah it seems strange. Maybe Dotlock has an inside scoop from somewhere. Presumably, though, if Dotlock's grad advisor was a member of an adjudication committee, and was willing to spill the beans, it would've happened more than a few days before everyone else is notified? Or maybe not. Or we have a troll. Or maybe people on the East Coast will find out tomorrow when their Grad Advisor's open their inbox? Aimless speculation...need closure. 

I wake up to all of these new messages in this thread, and I almost fall off my chair. It might not be a troll, since they (historically) should be releasing the results via mail tomorrow or Friday. FREAKING OUT. 

Sadly, I am going to have to agree. Emailed the graduate office at my school and this was their reply,

"SSHRC has not posted any results I just checked our secure website.  Not sure how other institutions are hearing.  Vanier are the only results available."

Disappointing. 

That's disappointing....

But given what's at stake, I dont really feel like a dick... maybe a bit naive, and overly optimistic.

Ahh, well, the wait continues...

Good luck all. May the SSHRC gods bless you ;)

I just contacted my school. No results! They told me that they were expecting the decisions to come out in early May! :(

How is it that some schools are not getting notified?!

Edited by nerdystudent