Give us hope! What schools are you NOT accepting?

sonnyday

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be an Ole Miss Rebel!

(Informed Ole Miss today...tomorrow, have to write the difficult letters. The one to OU will be very difficult to write, since this was a Hell of a tough decision for me to make, and I really got along well with some of the profs there, as well as the DGS....)

I don't expect too many folks are still waiting at this point, but I am declining offers at the University of Texas and at George Washington. Now I just have to decide between Iowa and working for another year. I've still got 24 hours, right? Right?

OK - here's a revision to my earlier post. Michigan officially said "no thank you" to me today. I turned down UCLA and Washington. I deferred OSU and I think I will defer GW, but I have to talk to GW first.

So - this means I will not be going to grad school next fall :) I am delaying one year - I may send out a few more apps, or I may make the most of the offers I do have. Where I decide to go next year remains to be seeing, but at least I have one very good offer under my belt.

OK - here's a revision to my earlier post. Michigan officially said "no thank you" to me today. I turned down UCLA and Washington. I deferred OSU and I think I will defer GW, but I have to talk to GW first.

So - this means I will not be going to grad school next fall :) I am delaying one year - I may send out a few more apps, or I may make the most of the offers I do have. Where I decide to go next year remains to be seeing, but at least I have one very good offer under my belt.

Right, sorry to have insisted. I just don't think I would have the energy to apply next year again, so I was kind of surprised. But yeah, with one very good offer under your belt, the whole process is bound to be much less stressful. Good luck to you. I'm sure everything will sort itself out soon.

Ciao

Thanks for the good wishes. My final decision came down to a number of personal factors, and I am quite pleased with it.

I do agree about not wanting to re-apply again, but the advantage is, I would only apply to a few very select places that I really love. With OSU's offer, I don't need safety schools and I don't have to stress about not getting in. Plus I have a very clear picture of exactly what I am looking for, so that helps.

Best of luck to everyone - wherever you decided to go (or not to go).

Ciao,