Give us hope! What schools are you NOT accepting?

sonnyday

For those of you with more than one acceptance, but you know which ones you will reject or have rejected, let's post them here as we figure them out. That way the formally waitlisted or informally waitlisted ("strangely not notified yet") candidates can get a better idea of there chances, and whether they should wait.

I probably won't be accepting Maryland. I am not definite yet but will be after I do campus visits next week and I'll post here again.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to turn down anywhere until I have official offers with full funding details, etc. from everywhere, but right now it's pretty unlikely that I'll go to OSU or NYU. I am strongly considering each of the other three where I've been admitted, but would probably choose Harvard or Michigan over them if I make it off the wait list.

Northwestern admitted me nine (9) times. I'm going to put eight of those on eBay.

I wish students could recommend their friends and say, "look I don't want to come but xy why really wants to come how about you take him/her instead

what a cool world this would be.

I am thinking Northwestern might have waitlisted me...what a nice thought. ;)

I'll be visiting, but I'm not so keen on JHU right now. A friend from DC sent me this lovely link: http://essentials.baltimoresun.com/micro_sun/homicides/ Along with the quote, "It's not a question of if you'll be robbed, but when and how frequently...oh I should send you the homicide link too..." So quality of life not looking so brilliant.

I just declined the University of Washington's (unfunded) offer. I don't know if that opens up a new slot or not, but at the least, if anyone is considering taking one of these, it means one fewer person to compete with for assistantships in future years.

A professor from UMass just called to recruit me & answer questions etc. and it was the most awkward conversation ever, since I don't plan to attend. And I unofficially declined the offer and will put it in writing in the next few days. Wow, that felt weird.

Do you think he realized this?

Do you think he realized this?

LOL, what do you mean? Did she realize that I was unofficially turning down the offer? Yes, I believe so, especially since she talked about the importance of dressing in layers in Chicago during winter, after I told her I was strongly leaning towards my other offers. She was incredibly nice, too. But I felt really bad because she called to recruit me and my mind was already made up not to go there.