HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

Does this mean decisions could go out as early as next week? Probably not, I 'spose.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering, too, and why I asked when committees have gotten together in the past.

phDreams...we need the intel. Can you infiltrate the system?

Based on a timeline relative to Ed.D decisions from last year, and that decisions are usually released on a Tuesday, it seems that March 5th is the date they announce things.

Based on a timeline relative to Ed.D decisions from last year, and that decisions are usually released on a Tuesday, it seems that March 5th is the date they announce things.

That sounds right.. A week to get everything sorted. Good luck, folks. See some of you soon on visit days. I'm part of the student welcome team.

OMGWTFLOLBBQ

I was checking Facebook on my phone and I saw HGSE's status: "THE RESULTS ARE IN!"

I was about to shlt a brick for a nanosecond there (I guess I have sensitive bowels? Sowwy guys). Then, I continued to read and realized that it was in reference to the winner of the BRIDGE Education Innovation Competition.

:(

HGSE decisions come out...tomorrow? So we gotta hang on 'til tomorrow? Come what may...Tomorrow?! Tomorrow?! END THIS PLEASE, TOMORROW?!

YOU'RE ALWAYS A DAY AWAY!#$!#%!%

/rage

#annieROIDRAGE

Edited by CQE

Called HGSE Admissions to see if I could get anything out of 'em...

Just got the same 'ol, same 'ol: "You will receive your decision by no later than March 25."

Then I asked, "So might we hear back earlier?"

The reply? "We try to get everything out as fast as we can."

lololol

The fact that all M.Ed. decisions come out at once - rather than on a rolling basis - was reaffirmed, though.

Called HGSE Admissions to see if I could get anything out of 'em...

Just got the same 'ol, same 'ol: "You will receive your decision by no later than March 25."

Then I asked, "So might we hear back earlier?"

The reply? "We try to get everything out as fast as we can."

lololol

The fact that all M.Ed. decisions come out at once - rather than on a rolling basis - was reaffirmed, though.

I'm going to guess March 5th still. It seems unlikely that a school like Harvard that has been so predictable in the past few years would change their system now. I'm not saying that to be a debbie downer, just so you don't expect it tomorrow :). However, it would be awesome to find out tomorrow! The wait is definitely getting to me too.

I put a link to my website on my resume, and I keep checking Google analytics everyday to see if anyone from Cambridge has been to it. 2 people have, but 1 was someone who clicked on the link in my signature on this forum, and the other could very be an adcom, but could also be a student from Harvard. I'm going crazy waiting.

Edited by Edugy

I'm going to guess March 5th still. It seems unlikely that a school like Harvard that has been so predictable in the past few years would change their system now. I'm not saying that to be a debbie downer, just so you don't expect it tomorrow :). However, it would be awesome to find out tomorrow! The wait is definitely getting to me too.

Oh yeah. I definitely don't expect tomorrow!

The Annie song popped into my head, so I felt like making the reference, lol.

I'm expecting sometime during the week of March 4th, though..

Only about 10 or so more days, then! Ugh, I'm going to be out of the country that entire week, which means I can't "refresh" my gmail obsessively all week and commiserate/celebrate with all of you here at the forum. I'll probably end up "borrowing" wifi from every other cafe on the street to check.  :mellow: here's to hoping it'll make (not break) my vacation... haha.

No idea. I can ask around to see if anyone knows anything. I just know a D3 that sits on admissions that mentioned that EdM committees meet this week. Haven't heard of anything about EdDs... Good luck to all!

I now have an image in my head of a group of serious, shrewd academics sitting at a dark wood table in a dim room all throwing around my application and remarking collectively "this is the idiot that said this...." and "she's so naive to think that......" and then all laughing judgmentally at my inadequacy. 

Clearly, this waiting game is not proving beneficial to my self-esteem!

My only hope here is that state standardized testing starts next week and since I have the joyful task of being district test coordinator, I'm already sure i'll be too frentic to be truly phrased if bad news is coming my way. Thank goodness for high-stakes testing??? 

Edited by Sunshinegrl456

Shoot. I should have set up a LinkedIn. 

Yeah, they're just good to have in general, but it's never too late to make one. Plus it only takes like 30 minutes and you rarely need to update it.

I now have an image in my head of a group of serious, shrewd academics sitting at a dark wood table in a dim room all throwing around my application and remarking collectively "this is the idiot that said this...." and "she's so naive to think that......" and then all laughing judgmentally at my inadequacy. 

Clearly, this waiting game is not proving beneficial to my self-esteem!

My only hope here is that state standardized testing starts next week and since I have the joyful task of being district test coordinator, I'm already sure i'll be too frentic to be truly phrased if bad news is coming my way. Thank goodness for high-stakes testing??? 

I picture it to look more like the scene in Legally Blonde... no?   Haha.  SO I'm writing from Nashville, where I have really fallen in love with Vanderbilt and was all but given a 100% on a graduate assistantship that might cover full tuition (the professor said he is working on it).  So excited and now more conflicted than ever.  It used to be Harvard was my absolute number 1, but now I don't know.  I need a life counselor.  And to hear from HSGE so I can at least know where I stand in all this!!

Wow, that impressive. I think the most HGSE will give out as a grant is $12,000, and then you can get another $5,000 with FWS. I wish Vandy had an ed. tech program.

I picture it to look more like the scene in Legally Blonde... no?   Haha.  SO I'm writing from Nashville, where I have really fallen in love with Vanderbilt and was all but given a 100% on a graduate assistantship that might cover full tuition (the professor said he is working on it).  So excited and now more conflicted than ever.  It used to be Harvard was my absolute number 1, but now I don't know.  I need a life counselor.  And to hear from HSGE so I can at least know where I stand in all this!!

You are not alone. I think of Legally Blonde first too. /highfive

And GOOD LUCK. You are going to make an awesome decision no matter what. :)

Sounds like a great problem to have ASzofer! 

Unrelated note: anyone sent in their taxes yet? I tried a week ago but couldn't get TaxAct to do it right. I need to find something that will allow me to just fill in a 1040EZ and submit online.