HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

How fun is that???!!!!  I love it!  I plan to make a slow cooker meal today.  It's blizzarding here in Chicago so I took a personal snow day.  :)  Snow is a lot better when you're looking at it out the window than driving an hour to and from work in it.  (That's an hour without snow... God knows what it would be today).   Nashville is looking really good right now... haha.  

Ah... We're due to get that storm tonight here in Maryland! I'm hoping for a snow day to celebrate no matter what.

From an EdD to Ed.M referred student; there will be a line that says An update to your application was last posted February 22, 2013. View Update>> 

They didn't update the status prior to me receiving the email for the EdD notification, so I'm going to bet it's the same now. 

Good luck to all! It could be my second rejection from HGSE, or my first acceptance...so here I go!

Been refreshing most of the morning to little avail. I also checked out last year's thread and it looks like the emails came at 6:20pm EST. According to that thread, the previous year's results were emailed at 4:40pm EST. So, settle in, guys, it's going to be a long day. :unsure:

This message brought to you by rattled nerves and anxiety, along with too much time on my hands. :P

Been refreshing most of the morning to little avail. I also checked out last year's thread and it looks like the emails came at 6:20pm EST. According to that thread, the previous year's results were emailed at 4:40pm EST. So, settle in, guys, it's going to be a long day. :unsure:

This message brought to you by rattled nerves and anxiety, along with too much time on my hands. :P

I guess since no one's heard anything so far, we ve all been rejected! hurray!!!!

Hehe....people are really going to think we lost it when they read this year's thread next year. 

And on we go! To the one of the most longest day of the year.....

Hehe....people are really going to think we lost it when they read this year's thread next year. 

ure lucky u got accepted into so many good univs. at least u have back ups. ive only been rejected so far. :(

consolation- i applied to phd programs in good univs that were a bit out of my league :/ im banking on masters programs to take me in

Haha I know!  None of the other threads seem to be this full of anxiety.  

Good observation, dodoeducation! I'm also getting the status page, and probably will be refreshing it madly throughout the day. It looks like today's the day, folks!

hey!! good job voting one of my posts down lol!!!

aaaaaand- that makes it two! :D

Edited by sharanya89

I think Eddie Murphy boosted most people's spirits, but not everyone's.

So, try this one on for size:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdj9NRzqC4

If THAT doesn't make you want to "jazzercise" and chop Life in its throat, then I don't know what will!

I've never jazzercised myself, FWIW, but I heard it's a deep burn. Real deep burn.

Edited by CQE

I tried to vote up your comment, but was told I have reached my positive quota for the day.  Apparently, they do not want me to share the love.  

Cue JT and the Black Eyed Peas?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

I wish I'd hear about funding from Vandy!! That would sure make things nicer!  And I wish I slept in.  I'm dog sitting and my parents' dogs woke me up extra early.  Just more time to keep checking me email and hyperventilating. 

I wish I'd hear about funding from Vandy!! That would sure make things nicer!  And I wish I slept in.  I'm dog sitting and my parents' dogs woke me up extra early.  Just more time to keep checking me email and hyperventilating. 

Be careful! Don't want you to faint...

fainting-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf

Hey, some good news for me, funding from GW! Hooray. A little spot of good news amongst all this waiting.

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!

Yes, we are officially the most nervous prospective students so far. I've been so unproductive at work today. I keep trying to check this thread from my phone when students aren't in my room hehe. Love you guys! Everyone else is like "what does one extra day matter? You'll find out eventually."

Hey, some good news for me, funding from GW! Hooray. A little spot of good news amongst all this waiting.

Congrats, Merrysoprano! Hopefully that good news will be followed with more good news later today, too.

To everyone who was able to sleep in, I'm so jealous. I was up before my alarm today. Gotta hate it when that happens!

Loving the gifs and memes, guys - great job! :)

Grrr. I too have been hit with the upvote limit for the day. Why would a forum about grad school want to limit positivity and, as ASzofer so perfectly put it, sharing the love? Feels baaad, man.

I've got gifs picked out for reactions... for now, have a random one... call it the nerves!dance. ;) (Also for any Buffy/Angel fans out there.)

i8xxC1W.gif

I'm changing my avatar for today too. Just to keep things optimistic. :D

Good to see people joining me on this gif and meme-a-thon!

I just saw that I got an email a moment ago and I got that empty feeling in my stomach. Unfortunately, it was just some more spam from my honors program. :(

I swear these people send out 10 emails a day.

...anyway...

C'MON HGSE. COME AT ME, BRO!

Edited by CQE