HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

Congrats to everyone who got in! If you're in the higher ed program I am sure they will be reaching out soon. I'm bet there will be an excellent cohort replacing us!

No matter whether you got in or not, I am sure you will all go on to do awesome things. Hope to see some of you in the field!

Edited by DanMcD

If anyone is worried about the tuition cost, take a look at these Loan Forgiveness Plans.  Assuming you go into public service (which of course includes teaching and any non-profit work) then your debt is forgiven after 10 years.  Couple that with Income Based Repayment (8% of income, i think) then a $100k loan turns into a $20-30k loan depending on your anual salary.  Good luck to all!

Public Service Loan Forgiveness

http://www.studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/charts/public-service

Income Based Repayment

http://www.ibrinfo.org/

IBR Calculator

http://www.ibrinfo.org/calculator.php

Great post. +1'd.

Rejected :(

Congrats to all that got in!

I'm sorry, bro. You'll do great things, wherever you go.

That goes for you, too, m26.

Edited by CQE

Thanks. I'm actually taking it a lot harder than I thought, considering I was 50/50 between Penn and HGSE this morning anyway. I'm just frustrated with my timing. Oh well.

Congrats to everyone who got in. Would have been shocked if you didn't! Have fun! :D

Unlucky Edugy. That shock goes for you :/

So sad I won't be joining you all at Harvard. I guess I was in over my head. Wishing you all the very best. So happy for you all!!!!!!!! It was a crazy ride but had mostly happy endings.

Aw man, I was hoping to meet you Edugy. It seems like we had a lot of similar interests. I applied to MBE, did fMRI stuff in the past. Those links are really interesting. I am actually really interested in HCI stuff as well.

Hey admitted folks -- what does it say in regards to when we find out about potential financial aid? The admit website is really difficult to navigate via phone, my only method currently available for browsing. :( thanks in advance!

As if being accepted on my birthday wasn't serendipitous enough, the Philadelphia Flyers are playing the Boston Bruins today. As a big hockey fan, I've been following both teams since the start of the season so I had a clue about either of the two teams upon arriving in Philly or Boston (It was between Penn and Harvard for me). Considering I found out about Harvard yesterday, though, I actually knew who to root for in today's game.

Oh, and FWIW, Boston is winning 3-0 right now with about 6 minutes left in the game. Boston's the home team, too.

STORYBOOK TYPE STUFF RIGHT CH'YA

Edited by CQE