HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

I stalked HGSE threads from the last few years and it looks like it was the thirdish weekend in March last year. Maybe I'm misremembering though?

MTE, ASzofer!

So they can technically be like... "Congrats! You're accepted! Now come visit us next week"? Hahahaha

I love GIFs. Reddit is my life

I stalked HGSE threads from the last few years and it looks like it was the thirdish weekend in March last year. Maybe I'm misremembering though?

MTE, ASzofer!

People heard back March 6th last year, which was a Tuesday.

(post #201; our "homie," PhDreams)

The year before that, they heard back on March 8th...which was also a Tuesday.

(post #98)

U WUZ KiiND4 CL0S3 D03.

lol

I should've written my entire SoP to Harvard like that.

#automaticacceptance

Edited by CQE

Yep, based on previous threads, I've been expecting a HGSE decision this coming Tuesday (the 5th). My date prediction above was for admitted students weekend though buuut it was pure speculation, not unlike a wooorld of pure imagination (Willy Wonka song? haha). Does anyone have any more info on when the admitted students weekend might be? Like I posted above, I have a guess, but I also think it's funny that the admitted students weekend is so soon after decisions. I think my GWU admitted students weekend comes 2.5 weeks after my acceptance though, so idk. I dooon't eeeven knooow anymore.

Edited by merrysoprano

So they can technically be like... "Congrats! You're accepted! Now come visit us next week"? Hahahaha

I love GIFs. Reddit is my life

my most-visited webpage just jumped to Reddit instead of Facebook & Gmail...  oh goodness. I read the AskHistorians subreddit a lot. love. And any of the food subreddits. mmmm.

It looks like visiting days last year were March 29 -  April 2 or somewhere in there.  Looks like Higher Ed was Thursday, March 29 and some of the other programs were two days.  Hard to tell which ones.  It seems like Tuesday is the day, hoping it's not Tuesday the 12th, it looks like some acceptances were later a few years back..........

Yep, based on previous threads, I've been expecting a HGSE decision this coming Tuesday (the 5th). My date prediction above was for admitted students weekend though buuut it was pure speculation, not unlike a wooorld of pure imagination (Willy Wonka song? haha). Does anyone have any more info on when the admitted students weekend might be? Like I posted above, I have a guess, but I also think it's funny that the admitted students weekend is so soon after decisions. I think my GWU admitted students weekend comes 2.5 weeks after my acceptance though, so idk. I dooon't eeeven knooow anymore.

Oopsy. My bad.

I feel dumb. I misread your post and now realize you were talking about the accepted student's day.

Shame on me!

I guess "ii WUZ KiiND4 CL0S3 D03." lololol

Edited by CQE

I refuse to review any of it for fear I'll see grammatical errors...I am very prone to grammatical errors, even after checking it over 10x at least. 5 days almost to the hour until we (hopefully) find out!

I have actually resisted reading them until your post and then felt the need to reread each per school.  It's hard to know when you haven't read everybody else's.

ALP0913 - what are you applying for?  When did you hear from UVA?

I have actually resisted reading them until your post and then felt the need to reread each per school.  It's hard to know when you haven't read everybody else's.

Whoops! LOL

I think the reason I keep going back to mine is because I have confidence in it and consider it the thing that'll get me in (if I get in). My overall GRE is slightly below average, so that's what worries me. I'm just hoping that my GPA (3.94 overall; 4.0 major) + SoP make up for my less-than-stellar GRE (154/154/4.5). I also have the age thing working against me, as I'm 21, still a Senior in undergrad, and obviously have no "real" work experience.

Edited by CQE

Definitely not!  I've looked at mine like 6 times in the past 2 days since starting to read this thread and becoming increasingly anxious to hear back...

Haha.

Glad to know I'm the only one.

I refuse to review any of it for fear I'll see grammatical errors...I am very prone to grammatical errors, even after checking it over 10x at least. 5 days almost to the hour until we (hopefully) find out!

Exactly! I occasionally feel that way, too.

Whether it's finding a tiny grammatical error, misspelling, or just a better way to word something, reviewing an already submitted essay is sometimes like looking in the mirror - the longer you look, the more flaws you find!

Edited by CQE

I'm applying for the Ed.M. in Learning and Teaching at HGSE...and similar variations at the other schools I applied to.  I heard from UVA in November...it was kind of odd.  I didn't receive an email until January but when checking my application status over Thanksgiving they had already posted it.

Edited by ALP0913

Airwick, is the pin the 9 digit application reference #?

I think it is. At least it seems like the 9-digit number I got when I first registered for an HGSE online account... there was an email that said something like this:

Thank you for registering online with the Harvard Graduate School of Education. To log into your account for the first time, you will need the following temporary PIN:#########

Not banking too much on HGSE though... my confidence level tanked after the spectacularly generic rejection from SUSE! Hah. :blink:

I think it is. At least it seems like the 9-digit number I got when I first registered for an HGSE online account... there was an email that said something like this:

Not banking too much on HGSE though... my confidence level tanked after the spectacularly generic rejection from SUSE! Hah. :blink:

Oh wow, I totally over looked that number. If no one would have mentioned it I would have been that one applicant PANICKING the day of. :blink: So the decision is posted on another link, I assume? Not the application site, right?

Also- I wouldn't take the rejection so personally nicolemae. You've gotten into great programs so far! Plus SUSE's incoming classes are known to be super small. In retrospect I know it wouldn't have been a great fit for me because of how structured the POLS program is. I'd like to think things happen for a reason ;)

Edited by emg28

There's also a 9 digit # when you log in that says to use for any questions about your application...maybe it's that one?  I'll have both ready just in case!

If an admission decision link exists (from a past applicant on here, *hint* *hint*), then perhaps we can change the # within the URL to the pin code we were given when we originally made our accounts. If that pin code now represents our student identification #, then maybe we could see our decision if it's already logged into the system.

I HIGHLY doubt it would work since the pin code is deemed to be "temporary." But, I will say that we did something very similar for the ACT a few years ago and it actually worked; that is, we were able to see our scores before we were technically able to.

Regardless of whether it works or not, we'd be doing HGSE a favor by testing for bugs. lolololol

P.S. Another # we could try in addition to the pin # is the "reference #" that's atop our application page. It, too, is a 9 digit # (this is the one Hodges is referring to in post #348).

Edited by CQE

Oh wow, I totally over looked that number. If no one would have mentioned it I would have been that one applicant PANICKING the day of. :blink: So the decision is posted on another link, I assume? Not the application site, right?

Also- I wouldn't take the rejection so personally nicolemae. You've gotten into great programs so far! Plus SUSE's incoming classes are known to be super small. In retrospect I know it wouldn't have been a great fit for me because of how structured the POLS program is. I'd like to think things happen for a reason ;)

Thanks :) that is definitely comforting. I'm over it, I just get bummed out for a moment from time to time. My boyfriend and I were both really hoping for an acceptance, since it would mean we can finally maybe have a normal relationship without any time zone separations! Haha :mellow:  so it was more of a personal disappointment, I think. Ah well-- only a few more days of waiting, folks!