HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

Hahaha. I think tomorrow is going to require some definite drinking either way as well.

Agreed! I've got red wine ready to go. White is also in the fridge in case I run out of red. I was also supposed to have girl scout cookies, but I already ate them. Oops..

Wow, I've been gone from GC two nights and I've got a full four pages' worth of pre-decision anxiety here. :P

Haha, same.

Well, it's been nice knowing y'all :D

I already opened the bubbly... Oops. Couldn't help myself. LOLHere's to good or bad news. *sip*

Cheers!

And I officially cannot sleep. I wish I had a really boring chemistry textbook to read. It used to help me fall asleep when I was in high school. I really hope it's tomorr

Cheers! And I officially cannot sleep. I wish I had a really boring chemistry textbook to read. It used to help me fall asleep when I was in high school. I really hope it's tomorr
Jokes going to be on us if it isn't....lol ekkk! Good luck everyone!

I'm stuck here snowed in with no working Internet (ready to scream at every Comcast employee). But the result is I am glued to my phone making it refresh my email every minute as though they'd ever send the decisions at 8 am.

Ive been trying so hard to ignore all of you because reading stuff here makes me more nervous. It's not happening. I keep checking this thread to see if anyone's heard anything. 

PS- Third attempt- Has anybody on this thread applied to Human Development and Psychology at HGSE?

I turned off my e-mail notifications on my phone and turned off my mac mail today - told the rest of the teachers and staff to text me if they need to get ahold of me today - the only way I can control the stress! I'll check the website every couple of hours but that's as much as I can handle!

Well for me, every time I logged into the system to check status I was always directed to the application status page  http://www.gse.harvard.edu/admissions/apply/application/index.html

But today I checked in the morning and I was directed to https://apply.gse.harvard.edu/apply/status ... same stuff on the page but a different URL? hmmm

I don't know maybe it's just me over reacting to everything.. but that could be something I guess  :blink:

I dunno. I'm not convinced today is the notification date and wouldn't be surprised if we heard about admissions in about a week or so. Don't ruin your day with stress folks.

I really think it should/could be today. Only because they have been so consistent over the last 3-4 years. And I'm tired of waiting, so I hope you're wrong! (no offense) 

Let's all just put as much good and hopeful energy out there as possible. Ready.....go!

Today is a day that I will dance every bit of stress out and sink myself into lots of girl power YA lit. (In Tamora Pierce mode at the moment!) I find out about funding from GW today too.

GRAHHHH. I find that Florence and the Machine make great dance-it-out music. And The Killers' fabulous song "Spaceman." And if I need to chill out at all, Norah Jones shall be my guide. (Birdy is great too, thanks CQE!)

Wow, as an international student, I definitely want to hear the decision from HGSE when I wake up in the next morning. The waiting game is really tough!

Good luck to everyone!

Well for me, every time I logged into the system to check status I was always directed to the application status page  http://www.gse.harvard.edu/admissions/apply/application/index.html

But today I checked in the morning and I was directed to https://apply.gse.harvard.edu/apply/status ... same stuff on the page but a different URL? hmmm

I don't know maybe it's just me over reacting to everything.. but that could be something I guess  :blink:

I'm literally sitting here trying to convince myself that the reason that I'm not observing the same thing ISN'T because I'm a non-acceptee. Holy cow the craziness!

I still don't understand where you would actually see the status.  I mean mine says it has my materials, but that is all. Nowhere to put a PIN or anything... 

I'm literally sitting here trying to convince myself that the reason that I'm not observing the same thing ISN'T because I'm a non-acceptee. Holy cow the craziness!

I think (for now) it all depends on the gateway you used to access your application. If you are on the application management page, logout and login again should get you the https status page.

But that said, it's probably just us being stupid and I highly doubt if that really means anything!

anyways I'm going to get some fresh air... this waiting game is driving me insane..

I still don't understand where you would actually see the status.  I mean mine says it has my materials, but that is all. Nowhere to put a PIN or anything... 

There's no PIN nor anything close to that yet..  it's just a different link to the (apparently) same application page...

:)  :)  :)

I was thinking that too because mine hadn't changed...but it just did.  Hold out hope!  

It also probably means nothing, we're all just going insane.  

Another distraction: my sister and I are making this cake. (Sans the blue raspberry frosting... the flavor of our childhood.) Days off work are nice.

http://easybaked.net/2012/10/10/tie-dye-cake-with-blue-raspberry-frosting/

How fun is that???!!!!  I love it!  I plan to make a slow cooker meal today.  It's blizzarding here in Chicago so I took a personal snow day.  :)  Snow is a lot better when you're looking at it out the window than driving an hour to and from work in it.  (That's an hour without snow... God knows what it would be today).   Nashville is looking really good right now... haha.  

I was thinking that too because mine hadn't changed...but it just did.  Hold out hope!  

It also probably means nothing, we're all just going insane.  

I'm a changee now too :) It took a closing and reopening of my browser :) Ah the crazy! 

How fun is that???!!!!  I love it!  I plan to make a slow cooker meal today.  It's blizzarding here in Chicago so I took a personal snow day.   :)  Snow is a lot better when you're looking at it out the window than driving an hour to and from work in it.  (That's an hour without snow... God knows what it would be today).   Nashville is looking really good right now... haha.  

I drive an hour to and from work each day too! So glad to know I'm not the only one who does that!! 

The sadly rather mindless work of prepping state testing materials today is giving my brain way too much room to wander.....