HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

Okay guys, I couldn't take it anymore. I just called HGSE and got the standard line: "admissions decisions will be released by March 25". Well, looks like  we're not going to get any real information out of them. :(

Ugh!  I've even been checking emails when I wake up in the middle of the night.  This is getting crazy.  But I mean TC decisions went out at a weird hour yesterday so you never know!  I wish they'd say straight up in the email instead of making you go to the site.  I have to pick my parents up from the airport today so that's two hours I won't be near a computer to check aaahhhhhhh........

Yup, I just called about half an hour ago. I got the same 'ol, same 'ol March 25th nonsense.

The chick that I spoke to sounded totally dumbfounded. Flabbergasted. All she could muster were the words, "March 25th." She wasn't holding out on us, though. She literally had no idea herself.

Whoever I spoke to was just one of those lone hamsters that's not in the loop.

Oh well.

Hey, PhDreams or any other current HGSEr, can you perhaps ask around for us? :D

Totally regretting telling so many people Tuesday was probably the day because now the "so I'm assuming you didn't get in because we haven't heard from you" questions are starting to roll in :( 

Also, I'm in sort of weird back and forth with the Fin Aid office; they told me over the phone yesterday my tax return was incomplete for who knows why, but then I got an email from the person I talked to saying my application was complete. They haven't responded to my, "does that mean all the parts are there even if the return isn't complete?" question and OF COURSE I'm totally psyching myself out that the reason they haven't responded is because they know I'm not getting in and thus don't want to have to take the time to deal with a financial aid app that will be worthless soon anyway. 

Ramble over. Focusing at work is so hard these days!!

I hear you. I've been trying to limit the amount of times I check my email ("okay, I checked at 11:07 so I won't check again until 11:45... maybe 11:30... maybe 11:15... maybe 11:08")... haha. I just want to know so I can start getting my ducks in a row!

At this point, I would bank on Friday being the decision date. They can close offices at 5:00 and even if you do call, nobody will answer... 

I'm cool with finding out tomorrow, on my birthday, so long as it's good news.

YOU'VE ALREADY MADE ME WAIT, HGSE. DON'T REJECT ME ON MY B-DAY, TOO.

That's just...unforgivable.

Alright guys, I got brave and called admissions. I decided not to ask about decision dates because I figured they would give me the same answer. But... I did ask when their visit days would be. Higher Ed is April 4th with the general day on the 5th and 8th.

That's a week later than last year. Therefore... I hope it isn't true, but we really could be looking at next Tuesday.

Alright guys, I got brave and called admissions. I decided not to ask about decision dates because I figured they would give me the same answer. But... I did ask when their visit days would be. Higher Ed is April 4th with the general day on the 5th and 8th.

That's a week later than last year. Therefore... I hope it isn't true, but we really could be looking at next Tuesday.

Yup. Makes sense that if the visit days are a week later this year, then decision notifications would also be a week later.

Thanks for the tidbit.

Edited by CQE

Thanks for finding that out!  Useful info.  Now if only I could know if I should be booking a flight or crying..... 

I think you'll be crying...

...tears of joy on your flight to Boston...

B)

I was thinking that might be the case with Easter weekend the week before.  Well we can still hope they are going to split the difference with today.  Do those dates conflict with any other school visitation days?

Great thinking, HigherEd! Wish I'd thought to ask that instead of hearing the standard line. At least now we know when the weekend will be. I really hate to think we won't be hearing until next Tuesday, but it would make sense to hear decisions a week later if the visit weekend is later. Gosh, don't they understand that people would want to know so they can book travel ASAP because flights are expensive? Guess that doesn't matter. :(

Yeah -- at this point if I get in I doubt I'd be able to go to prospective students weekend -- the ticket alone would run me $450 + hotel and such --- that's a lot of money for someone who would be leaving having an income for a year!

As much as I'd like for today to be the day, I'm thinking it'll be Tuesday. For whatever reason, HGSE seems to have some infatuation with that particular day of the week.

Not sure what's more annoying...HGSE's slow turnaround time or Roger's MYAH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNO35lFq52Q

I'm going to have to say HGSE this time around. At least Roger's MYAH makes me laugh.

Edited by CQE

Also is anyone else getting those upcoming HGSE talk invites? Is anyone going? Every time I've gotten a notification about that I've thought it was the decision and freaked out. Why Harvard, why?!

Also is anyone else getting those upcoming HGSE talk invites? Is anyone going? Every time I've gotten a notification about that I've thought it was the decision and freaked out. Why Harvard, why?!

Haha, on Facebook, you mean?

If so, I was thinking about posting something similar to you due to the thing they just posted about 15 minutes ago. How in the hell are you going to start the message off with, "TODAY at 4pm:"...

STOP TRICKING ME, HGSE.

Edited by CQE

GTFO with that, HGSE.

I'm beginning to get irritated with this close-to-the-vest garbage.

There's no way it's going to take three weeks longer this year than it did last year, the year before last, or the year before that.

Edited by CQE

LOL @

Only a week and a half to make flight arrangements? Whatever. I say Tuesday at the latest.

hgse_admissions @CRUMBstheword We are planning to release all decisions by 3.25.2013. You'll hear back earlier if possible. 4 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1583734317/Twitter_icon_2_normal.jpg

Read more: http://www.gse.harvard.edu/admissions/index.html#ixzz2MtRexCEG

HGSE is making their own rendition of Jay-Z's song "Ball So Hard" and calling it "Troll So Hard" instead.

Sneak Preview below:

So we troll so hard applicants wanna find me
first applicants gotta find me
What’s 90 grand in apps to an admissions office like me
Can you please remind me?
Troll so hard, this shlt crazy
Y’all don’t know that phone calls don't phase me
We could drop to 20 in the US News Rankings and still look at you like this shlt gravy
Troll so hard, one thing is clear
You all will know by March two-five of dis year,
Troll so hard, since we here
It’s only right that we make y'all fear
Troll so hard, go check your email, ha just kiddin der's no mail
Go log-in and check your app, oh snap did y'all see that?

We changed the URL from index to status, like dat, in a snap

Check your undies, did we make ya crap?
Troll so hard, I’m shocked too,
That this thread ain't locked, d00d
if y'all escaped what we've escaped
Yall’d be in Cambridge getting phucked up too
Troll so hard, let’s get faded,

like Beantown electricity after a snowstorm
Y'all thinkin bout livin' in grad dorms and layerin' up to keep ya a$$ warm,
So we troll so hard, y'all betta not even think to hack

Better watch your back, cuz we might reject yo azz and give ya a heart attack

Troll so hard applicants wanna find me
That shlt cray [x3]

Troll so hard applicants wanna find me

That shlt cray [x3]

-----

lol

Yup. I'm bored.

Edited by CQE

Haha, on Facebook, you mean?

If so, I was thinking about posting something similar to you due to the thing they just posted about 15 minutes ago. How in the hell are you going to start the message off with, "TODAY at 4pm:"...

STOP TRICKING ME, HGSE.

Oh, no I meant those CMEI Colloquium/Gutman Library Distinguished Auther Series Events emails from admissions where they're like "Given your interest in graduate study at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, we would like to invite you to attend ____(lecture series name)__..." Perhaps it's just sent to people who are local in the area?