HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

It was very small. Only 10 students attended, not all committed. We had Alumni Ambassadors (no one from the school) so it was merely asking intros and questions about the experience! Bottom line, worth it to get my HGSE pen and confirm my desire to go...now to start my fund raising campaign!

Harvard's run is coming to an end ... http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330820012

This year, anyway.

I can't wait to see this team in two years, though. Chambers will be a junior, Missi will be a senior, and Saunders will be a senior. On top of that, you got current freshman like Okolie and Cummins who are going to grow, mentally and physically. Additionally, Harvard already has two three-star big men that have signed for this year's class. Lastly, we cannot undervalue the experience that this year's team has gained by winning the Ivy League and an NCAA Tournament game.

Harvard's run is really just beginning. It's going to be fun!

Edited by CQE

Ok, facebook groups created: HGSE 2013-2014 and HGSE EPM 2013-2014. 

Please join so I don't look lame all by my lonesome! 

Linkage?

I think this will work: HGSE 2013-2014, HGSE EPM 2013-2014

If the links don't work for whatever reason, those are the exact names of the groups and they are open groups so you should be able to successfully search for them on facebook (let me know if not!). 

:) 

If the links don't work for whatever reason, those are the exact names of the groups and they are open groups so you should be able to successfully search for them on facebook (let me know if not!). 

Request senttttt.

Thanks, Bro Brogan.

Request senttttt.

Thanks, Bro Brogan.

Oh, and FWIW, I went ahead and posted on the group page saying what my gradcafe username was. Y'no, so we all know who's who.

YOU ARE AWESOME. Thank you!!! Joining right now. :D

Oh, and FWIW, I went ahead and posted on the group page saying what my gradcafe username was. Y'no, so we all know who's who.

I'll do the same!

Well merit fellowship decisions are out, and I did not receive one (not surprised), so I think that seals the deal for me.  TC was my #1 all along, and offered me a decent scholarship.  It's a weird feeling to think of turning down Harvard though.
But an honorable position to be in!

Ok, facebook groups created: HGSE 2013-2014 and HGSE EPM 2013-2014.    Please join so I don't look lame all by my lonesome! 
I will check it out as I can't join yet, but I will as soon as I tell my school community. Many of my teachers, parents, and fellow principals are on FB. Right now only my Supt. knows, don't want to upset everything before testing! I am going to go to Open House (5-6) now, so I look forward to meeting many of you there!

Well merit fellowship decisions are out, and I did not receive one (not surprised), so I think that seals the deal for me.  TC was my #1 all along, and offered me a decent scholarship.  It's a weird feeling to think of turning down Harvard though.

Seeing as I did not get any emails from HGSE today, I'm guessing I did not receive one either? ._. oh well.

Take the money and run. 

Wow I left the country for a few days and missed quite a bit! Had my admitted students reception in Chicago Thursday and it was great. As far as the people talking about it not being worth the money, I feel like very few people go into ed for monetary value. It's worth the money to get the best education you can to go on to make the biggest difference. At least that's how I feel. It's one year. Not like three years of law school or even more for med with way more debt. Anyway, the people I talked to at admitted students weekend all had great jobs and said everyone in my program was gainfully employed by the end of summer so that was encouraging. I never anticipate making bank, but we should be able to pay off some loans.

In other news, I did not get a merit scholarship (not surprising). I just got back from the Dominican and am not psyched about the LAN of late march snow right now.

They did not come up in a search for me, but the links worked!

Huuuhmmmmm....I wonder why they don't come up on search....that sort of limits this to grad cafe only people :/ I'll look into it, thanks for letting me know EdYouKateOr! (anyone that knows more about fb groups than me have any thoughts?? :/ ) 

Arghh. I can't join the facebook group. Most people at my workplace don't know yet that I'm leaving and facebook broadcasts group posts to everyone :( Is there a way to change settings to make posts private?