Structural Engineering Admission's Process Fall 2013

StructuralEngr88

Pradeep, I heard from NCSU (MS) officially just this morning, though I noticed I'd been admitted on their website this past weekend.  I heard from UCSD a bit more than a month ago.

And Pradeep, Civil, ctv511, etc., I've been posting my results to the thegradcafe results page.  If you ever want to find out what people have heard from specific schools and you aren't already going there, it's what I'd recommend.  The link (with my general search for "civil" in order to narrow things down) is here: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=civil&t=a&o=&pp=25.  If you hear back from anyone, please post there yourself (and say whether you're doing structural or whatnot... "civil" itself is sometimes a bit broad.)  Thanks!

Has anyone admitted to Stanford received news about funding? The admission letter told me that they would send finacial aid decision until April 7th. It's Sunday =(

Still waiting... Anyone try contacting them regarding funding?

Did any of you applied or got accepted into Columbia University for Masters?

Hi,

I was accepted in Columbia University for PhD. They sent me an email around 1 month ago.

How was the visit to MIT? are you in the HPS program?

Yes, I visited for the HPS program. The visit was great, met with quite a few profs and a lot of current students. Program looked great and it was very career oriented. The current students said the fall term was pretty hectic in terms of course load while the second term was mainly devoted to the design project and thesis. It seemed that your options for the thesis are incredibly flexible, as in you pretty much decide if you want it to be research intensive or industry related.

It seemed like the professors were genuinely committed to the students and had great relationships with them.

I got accepted to the construction management program at Columbia. Received very bad feedback about their job placement. And i just realized Columbia is not the school for civil engineering, honestly, consider your other options if you can. Those night classes are also very amateurish for the seriousness of a grad school. Lastly, i heard the admissions was not competitive at all for civil, which was another huge buzz-kill for me.. I turned down their offer.

I got accepted to the construction management program at Columbia. Received very bad feedback about their job placement. And i just realized Columbia is not the school for civil engineering, honestly, consider your other options if you can. Those night classes are also very amateurish for the seriousness of a grad school. Lastly, i heard the admissions was not competitive at all for civil, which was another huge buzz-kill for me.. I turned down their offer.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get these information about the non competitive admission and job placement?

Hello everybody, I've been accepted to the MS in Civil Engineering (Structural-coursework track) in the University of Washington in Seattle. Anybody knows about the job placement for this School?

Thanks!

I know Columbia is not top tiers for Civil Engineering, but I heard they have a good network with the industry in NYC. Maybe i am wrong? Does anyone know more about Columbia's engineering program network and job placements?

I also heard they have a good network with the industry. It may not be in the top 15 for Civil Engineering, but it's in the top 15 for the best universitites in the world and top 5 in the US! I'm sure that any industry in NYC would be interested in any student from Columbia. =)

Hii, anyone heading to UIUC for MS or PhD structures specialization?

Yeah I've decided on UIUC for a master's. My RA-ship starts this summer though so I'll be down there in June. Are you going to Illinois?