Applications for the IHEID / The Graduate Institute in Geneva - 2013-2014

Lud

"Refused" :(

I was wondering whether anyone can clarify the difference between being "refused" and "rejected" (different options on the online system)

"Refused" :(

I was wondering whether anyone can clarify the difference between being "refused" and "rejected" (different options on the online system)

You can scroll over the questionmark next to "Status of application". They are providing information about the different categories there.

Got an email. Accepted to the MIA! Hope eveyone else has good news, whether at IHEID or elsewhere!

Great ! Did you apply to the first round? I'm still waiting for my answer. I don't know whether it's positive of not not to have received an answer yet... I hear about both rejections and intakes. A bit stressful! Can I ask you how old you are?

Has anyone heard back regarding the IR/PS masters? I saw that there were a couple of rejections for that program on March 4th, but haven't seen anything since. 

I applied IR/PS (masters) too. I only heard about rejections, no one claimed an acceptance :-S This program is very competitive: it takes only 20 new students every year.

Great ! Did you apply to the first round? I'm still waiting for my answer. I don't know whether it's positive of not not to have received an answer yet... I hear about both rejections and intakes. A bit stressful! Can I ask you how old you are?

I got the last of my application submitted the first week of January, so I think it was the second round.  From something I read (I don't remember where), IHEID is releasing decisions between 1-15 March, so there is still time for everyone to hear back. As for my age, I am actually pretty young at only 21, so I was really excited to be admitted.

My application was refused last week. I think that the admission committee didn't "grant me admission to the Master in International Affairs" most probably because of my educational background (BA in Teaching/Linguistics). I suppose I won't have great chances of being admitted in the future unless I get BA in International Affairs/Studies...

Has anyone heard back regarding the IR/PS masters? I saw that there were a couple of rejections for that program on March 4th, but haven't seen anything since. 

Yeah I applied to the IR/PS masters as well and as far as I can tell from past posts (first and second round applications) they deferred almost all applications to the second round and started sourcing out applications during the beginning of last week (Monday, Tuesday) and will now in the coming week make/inform us about their final decision. So whoever is still 'under consideration' probably has a pretty strong application ... but with only 20 spaces ... oh well, we shall see. good luck girls and guys.

I applied for the MIA program and atm I am still waiting for the result...so nervous...

and @Ike, just wondering, what makes you say that whoever is still "under consideration" has a pretty strong application? 

Edited by slau4992

I applied for the MIA program and atm I am still waiting for the result...so nervous...

and @Ike, just wondering, what makes you say that whoever is still "under consideration" has a pretty strong application? 

As far as I understand Ike's post, he meant the applicants of IR/PS program (not MIA), because it seems no one applying to IR/PS claimed an acceptance while many confirmed about their rejections.

As far as I understand Ike's post, he meant the applicants of IR/PS program (not MIA), because it seems no one applying to IR/PS claimed an acceptance while many confirmed about their rejections.

Oh yea, didn't read carefully enough. In any case, good luck for anyone who is still waiting for the results. Let's hope they turn out well in the end :)

Has anyone applied to International Economics? Any notifications yet? :)

I did. And I still haven't gotten a notification. I don't know anyone who has, actually. In the facebook group for the 2013-2015 no one has mentioned being accepted or rejected for economics. I don't understand why this is taking forever. At this rate we'll find out by the end of march or something...

I applied IR/PS (masters) too. I only heard about rejections, no one claimed an acceptance :-S This program is very competitive: it takes only 20 new students every year.

Please keep us posted about your application status, I am very interested what kind of application they would accept :)